pure torture

Third P.o.v.

Ava had recovered from her fall after two weeks in the hospital. She was driven back to her house by her co-worker. Richard had gone out of state to see her uncle. She would have gone but due to her being in the hospital, he left without her leaving her all alone at home for a few days. She was tired from the long stay at the hospital. She immediately went to her bedroom. (she was uncomfortable with Richard being able to see her. So they set up a separate room for her to sleep in and train in without waking Richard up.) She launched herself at the bed happy to be able to have a comfy bed again. The one at the hospital was stiff and as hard as a rock. She set an alarm for two hours later and went to sleep.

 Only for her to wake up twenty minutes later from a loud crash coming from the kitchen. She groans in annoyance and got up to go check it out. She saw a man in all black walking around. “Hey!” She screamed getting the male’s attention bad idea. As soon as the man saw her he grinned from ear to ear. “ After 12 years dear I’ve finally found you again.” The man said leaving ava confused until he pulled the hood off revealing his dark brown hair and blue eyes. Ava stood there paralyzed in fear. She quickly yelled, “Omg is that Jackcepticeye!” She screamed using his weakness against him pointing out the window. The male quickly turned around to look only to find nothing. This gave ava the opportunity to run and hide in a nearby room. She could hear the man’s frustration. She opened a window and jumped out and ran to the neighbor’s house. She frantically rang the doorbell. It was one with a camera. The man ran towards ava. Ava screamed trying to get the owner's attention. The lens opened up and a red light was flashing. 

The man had gotten to her by then and had taken her away. The owner's son saw the first part a few hours later and ran to the door with a rifle. He opened the door and found nothing. He’d taken too long. His next-door neighbor was gone. His best friend was gone… Tears fell down his cheeks he cried knowing if he had been faster she would still be here at his house. He fell to the ground crying. His mother walked out and saw him. She was about to question him when she got a notification from the doorbell app. She watched it and called the police but they didn’t do anything. This led to the case going cold a few months later.

 Meanwhile, ava was going through hell. Every day the same routine. ( I will go over it later in the chapter.) She grew tired of it. She tried everything. She tried to be a ‘good girl’ and do everything the man asked just so she could go outside. She ran to the road and only got a few steps before being shot in the leg with a drugged dart. She tried playing hard to get and avoid him. That ended with her not getting any water for two days and being force-fed. The food never tasted right. She tried giving the man the silent treatment. That ended with her being confined to her ‘room’  which was only a thin mattress and thin small blanket that barely covered anything and a small dresser.

 She had no privacy. The man took the locks off the doors so he could easily walk in on her showering or doing anything needed every day or every other day. He would force ava to eat in front of him. If ava refused to eat the man would force it down her throat. It was pure torture. Ava tried everything to get away. Ava even went as far as trying to jump off a cliff. Ava was so desperate for freedom that she would be willing to die by any means just to get away. Ava even tried calling her husband from the living room but there was no signal. She tried everything. She was tired and broken. Her emotions were being stripped away one by one. Even her feminism was being stripped away. Slowly but surely she was breaking. She was fighting illusions of her husband walking in. It tricked her every single time. Ava finally accepted that she was never going to get out. It was always going to be the same routine Wake up at 2 in the morning, Try to get away from the man, and Act like you’re happy. It was the same until day 1,999. Emotions. Gone. She was at her breaking point. She screamed and sobbed. The voices in her head grew silent and for once she was happy. She had escaped the voices. Ava smiles like a mad woman.

She had lost her mind. Soon she became attached to the man. She wouldn’t flinch away when he tried to touch her. She leaned into him. She was in love. Or atleast that was what ava wanted the man to believe. She wanted him to believe he had successfully broken her. But in reality she was just trying to escape. He was confident enough to leave his house with her. They went out to eat for once. She had bruises covering her arms and neck. She excused herself to the restroom. In there she took off her turtleneck. There was an employee in there with her hiding behind the wall. Ava knew they had seen everything but didn’t really care anymore. She covered the bruises with concealer and left the restroom. When she returned she saw employees talking to each other and whispering. The manager ran to her table and handed her some tea. With a napkin saying ‘Meet me in the restroom in five minutes’ It had taken four minutes to read it without the man noticing. She walked to the restroom and was ambushed by the workers. 

“Ava.. are you okay?” One of the employees asked. That was when ava recognized the woman. It was Richard's sister. Ava broke down crying. She ran to charlotte and squeezed the woman tightly. “Yes, I’m fine don’t worry about me. I need you to call Richard for me. And tell him I love him.” Ava said crying. There was a knock on the door. “Ava babe are you okay in there.” The man said. Ava whispers “Please get help I don’t want to go back with him. Please don’t make me go back.” She whispered crying. “AVA! I’m coming in there!” The man screamed. Ava quickly hid the others and hid in a stall. “Ava dear come out. NOW!” The man called anger laced in his voice. Ava shook violently. She came out crying. “I’m sorry sir. I had to use the restroom. Im sorry for not informing you.” Ava said apologizing profusely. A loud sound of ripping of cloth can be heard. “No im sorry. Please, sir..” Ava pleads. The sound of screams rang throughout the women's restroom. Then the sounds of small snores and glass shattering filled the room.

Charlotte recorded the entire interaction as evidence against the man. It was only audio because charlotte didn’t want to know the horrors of what the man would do to her if he found her. She let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding when she heard the door slide shut.

She quickly picked up the glass that shattered and put it in a plastic bag that had her sandwich.

A clear liquid dripped off of the shards that she picked up. *Meanwhile* She’s so beautiful. She looks so peaceful when she is asleep such a shame how it was achieved. The man caressed her cheek and held her face in his palm. Such a beautiful face ruined by tears. She never listens. She knew better than to leave without warning him, making him panic thinking someone took her away from him. She shot up from the bed she looked petrified. He set his hand down on her beautiful skin. She squirmed trying to get away. Then it seemed as if she realized who he was. “ You! I put a restraining order on you! How… I thought you were in jail.”

“Well darling I’m back did you miss me, dear?” The man said coming closer.  “NO get away from me you creep!” She screamed backing away from him. It hurt him well that’s no matter. “Come on darling we were making such great progress don’t go back to your old ways.” The man said pinning ava to the bed with his knee. There was a knock on the door. The man left. Ava was finally gonna be free! She heard loud gunshots. She hoped that it wasn’t whoever was saving her. There was a knock on the door of the room she was in. She shook in fear. Then there was banging on the door. The door was broken down. 
The police received a complaint from local residents about a fowl stench. They also heard screams from upstairs while approaching the house. A man came and answered the door. He had a gun in his hand. They decided not to assume. But then he put the gun to one of our chests. Gentlemen lets be civil about this. “How about you surrender and you don’t die?” “And how do you plan to do that.” “Oh, we can’t kill you but our reporter can. Say hi guys” “HI” 

There was a knock on the door of the room ava was in. Ava shook in fear. Then there was banging on the door. The door was broken down. The officers found a women shaking in fear with blood dried all over her body and clothes.