Anniversary

Third P.O.V. (Short)

It was the day before Ava and Richard's 14th anniversary. Richard had been taking lots of jobs just to afford the perfect present for Ava. He had already asked her father for permission. He just had to find the perfect jewel for the present.  He was so overjoyed when he found Ava's birthstone on a ring. But it was ten thousand dollars. He had barely just enough. He was a few cents away until a kind police officer came up and paid. "Keep the money you have sir and buy your loved one a gift for valentines." The officer said. Richard tried to refuse but the man had already disappeared. So he paid and went to buy ava another gift for valentines. He bought a blanket, a checkered basket filled with roses, and a blanket with her favorite snacks. By the time he had gotten home, his arms were filled with bags full of gifts and groceries. He ran to his bedroom and started to wrap all of the presents except for two... a box for an engagement ring and a decoy ring. He hid that in ava's father's room. He put the other ring in his pocket.  He wrote a letter for ava telling her all sorts of riddles. It would lead her to her presents for their anniversary. Till the last riddle, it would lead her to the place they met. The cafeteria of their school. He would be there waiting for her. The day arrived and when ava arrived she was out of breath. But then she saw where she was she could barely recognize the place it was so overgrown and outdated and it looked run down and abandoned there were vines and graffiti all over the halls and corridors. She walked through the halls reminiscing in fond memories of the two lovers till she saw the cafe. She walked in and found nothing but a note. 

'I know you're sure to be tired and we've had many memories. See if you can recite what you said to me."

Ava sat at the table where she had always sat and recited the words she had said. "Wow, that hurt" She heard from behind she turned to see her boyfriend on one knee holding a ring out. Ava has tears streaming down her face. She nodded yes tears poring out of her eyes.