Home

Richard's P.O.V. (Ava's father was visiting them when Richard came home)
Ava! I scream as I got to the gates of the jail.
Ava looked up and a single tear fell down her cheek as she ran to me. "Richard!" She exclaimed while running towards me. When she reached where I was she wrapped me in a deathly gripping hug. It was as if she thought that if she let go I would disappear. Her tears soaked my jacket.

I pulled her arms off of me and ruffled her hair like a person would do a child. "HEY! it took me hours to tame my hair this morning. I was almost late to pick you up." Ava whined. I giggled. I missed her personality and her face. I stared into her sapphire blue eyes unable to believe I was seeing her again. I pulled her in for a kiss and she giggled. "What's with the sudden affection? Did you seriously miss me that much." She teased. You have no idea. I replied walking to the car and puting my stuff in the trunk. We arrived at her house.

I greeted her father. All he did was scoff before blowing me off completely and talking to ava. "Welcome home sweetie." He said hugging his daughter. Ava's phone went off. She groaned. I went to answer it. She screamed "Richard Don't!" But I still answered. It was my family. "Morning mija I heard Richard got out today. I was thinking about stopping by to apologize to him." My mom said. There's no need mom. You did something that no mother should do. You disowned me all because of a simple mistake. I hope you're happy with your choice. I said hanging up without letting my mother answer.

The phone rang once more. For fucks sake why won't they leave us alone. I whined answering the phone. It was my uncle. "Richard that is no way to talk to your mother. We are coming over and you will apologize." He fussed at me. Sure whatever.

I said as I hung up. Twenty minutes later my family arrived. Ava and I had something planned. We opened the door and greeted them. They came in and my mom opened her mouth to speak. I glared at her. She looked at me astonished that I would act like this. I got up and walked up to the stairs with ava. We looked at each other. Do you know what a mob bosses offsprings role is?  I said and chuckled. Ava continues. "A son or daughters role is to serve and protect their people." We finish at the same time. 'They're nothing without their leader.' And we flipped my whole family off and walked up the stairs. But I didn't leave fully without saying  what I needed to. If you didn't want me you could have just told me and I would have left. I'm a grown man I don't need any of you. The only people I need are the people who will love me unconditionally. I hope you're happy with your decision. I said walking the rest of the way. I locked the door to my room and laughed nonstop I didn't know why I was laughing nothing funny happened. Nothing was funny about the situation I was in. A tear rolled down my cheek. They were 'happy' tears. I was 'happy' to be home with Ava's father.

I just wanted to see my wife again and be alone with her again. That's all I wanted.
I just wanted to be happy for once.