Broken rules never ends well

(this makes a reference to one of the first chapters of this book)

Third POV
It had been 1-2 months since ava and Richard started to date. And they had arguments every day. But today was the final straw for ava. She had just gotten out of the shower and walked out into her bedroom without a towel because they were all in the wash but she was wearing under garments. But the scar on her shoulder to her hip was visible. And Richard was there. "Hey babe? I've been meaning to ask you how you got that scar on your back?" Richard said facing the wall. He ain't no perv. (I'm looking at you MINETA.) Ava did the signal meaning she was dressed and Richard turned around waiting for his answer. "Angel. What were the rules from the first day we met." Ava said sternly. "I know. Don't ask questions. But I'm curious. And we've been dating for 1 or 2 months now. I think it's time you put at least a little faith in me." Richard said whining.

"Look I get that you're curious angel. But it's a long and uncomfortable story for me to tell. Now I have to leave I have work today."
Ava said kissing her boyfriend as she walked out of the room. Ava never told anyone what her job was. Because well... It was illegal. And she was afraid that if her enemies found out they would use him against her or hurt him. She had to meet a client for a hit job. She was paid well enough to support herself and her boyfriend. But there was a huge problem.
Richard broke one of the rules. And that was to NEVER follow her somewhere.

And it only ended with ava getting another huge and deep gash but this time on her stomach. Richard wanted to rush her to the hospital but she said she had a needle and thread in her purse. Richard was confused until he realized... He was going to have to do stitches on her. He didn't know how to do stitches! But ava walks him through.

When she was back at Richards place Richard started to ask questions. And that was when ava knew she had to explain. So she did. She told him everything except about her being a cartel leaders daughter.
She just said the people who kidnapped her wanted her for her body. Which was half true which we will never mention again so forget about that. Richard also was secretly in a neighboring mafia her dad was allays with. So when he said he had 'connetions' he meant his inheritance from the family business.

He was furious. But also confused because his dad said before he retired that his old friends daughter kept getting kidnapped and he always tried to help. But her father would not let him or he was always too late.
Because she was already gone. So he was suspicious of ava.