𝗖𝗵: 19| 𝗧𝗥𝗛

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ His Smile ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Soobin was going to visit the forest today. It was a beautiful day, the weather was clear, sky was bright and clouds looked like small blocks of ice scattered all over the blue sky.

Today was definitely the best weather for a picnic. Soobin smiled thinking about meeting the Fox-hybrid.

It's been a few days since he last saw him, and he already missed his presence. His presence was like a sunshine for him. Only imagining his smile brightened his gloomy day. Yeonjun was now his escape from his cruel royal life.

Soobin didn't even realise that he was already here. He was too lost in his thoughts. Right now, Soobin was standing near the same Lake where he first met Yeonjun.

"I still remember his face back then. He was trying to be strong pfft." Soobin giggled remembering the events of their first meet, which was kind of unusual. But that's what makes them special.

He got down from his horse, and walked towards the lake sitting down on a stone nearby, taking in the beautiful view infront of him.

"I should go meet Yeonjun now." Soobin thought and stood up, strolling towards the flower garden.

After walking for a while, he reached the garden, only to be met with shock.
The once beautiful flower garden, was now a ruin. The flower plants were uprooted from the ground, there were marks and scratches of claws present on the trees. The ground was dug up from places. The garden didn't looked like the garden Soobin remembers it to be.

Suddenly it hit him. Is Yeonjun fine?

He didn't even knew where Yeonjun lived. How is he supposed to find him now?
"What do I do now? What if Yeonjun is in danger?" Soobin was biting his lips anxiously.

Suddenly he felt a tap on his back. He turned around to see it was none other than the boy he was thinking about.

"Soobin? You're here.." Yeonjun said with a sad smile, looking at the garden.

"Yeonjun are you fine? What happened to the garden? Are the foxes fine?" Soobin cupped Yeonjun's cheeks, asking him with worry evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine and the foxes are fine too. Thankfully I managed to save all of them. But....the Garden is ruined now." Yeonjun said with a sigh.

"Who did this?" Soobin asked.

"The Warewolves. They were here yesterday. I have no idea why they did this, but they were talking about destroying the whole kingdom." Yeonjun said.

"What? The Warewolves? Ohh so those punks are already at this huh?" Soobin scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Yeonjun asked, as he had no idea about what Soobin was saying.

"My father told me that the Warewolves and Witches are planning to attack our kingdom soon. But I didn't knew they would act upon it so soon. The royal meeting is in two days. We have to prepare for the war soon." Soobin explained.

Yeonjun just muttered an "oh" and nodded in response.

"The kingdom boundaries start from this forest. So I think that's why they are starting from here. You need to protect the forest Prince! The lives of all the animals are in danger." Yeonjun said with a sad look on his face.

It sent a pang to Soobin's heart. Seeing the sunshine sad, it made him Sad too. He will protect the forest, it's his kingdom afterall. He has too. And Yeonjun is also his citizen. As a Prince, it's his duty afterall.

"Don't worry Yeonjun. I'll protect this kingdom till my last breathe. And this forest is my responsibility too. I'll make sure all the animals are safe." Soobin said patting Yeonjun's head.

Yeonjun's ears twitched and his tail swayed on the touch. Guess Yeonjun likes head-pats. Soobin smiled at the reaction and Yeonjun blushed.

"Your ears are so fluffy and cute." Soobin said smiling.

"R-really? Thankyou, you're the only one to say that besides Kai." Yeonjun blushed more. Compliments about his fox-side always made him shy.

"Well we are both saying the truth then. It really is cute and it suits you Yeonjun." Soobin said still smiling.

Yeonjun couldn't help but smile too. Seeing Soobin smile made his heart full with joy. He liked this atmosphere. It was comforting and nice.

Soobin thought the same. Yeonjun's smile always managed to lessen his worries. He will worry about the Warewolves later, for now he just wants to stay like this, with Yeonjun by his side.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello Luvs!! Here's the update after ages lol.
Hope y'all enjoy the chapter!!!

So, see you in next chapter! Till then take care my Luvs💙
-Rin💗