꧁༺𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓༻꧂

𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 ~

"What day is it today?" I asked Nina what day was it today, because past few days I have been hibernating at home and last night was kind of a rough too, I just woke up in the morning and rushed to the University, I didn't even get the time to check my mobile. So, yes I didn't knew what date or day it was today.

 "Today's Thursday Professor."

Oh my god, that means I spent three days hibernating, and now upcoming days were gonna be so hectic for me. Ugh... I hated myself for spoiling everything. It was Thursday today that means tomorrow is convocation and on weekend I had a general meet-up in Texas with my late Aunt's husband and daughter. That means I need to fly tomorrow evening. Oh God.

I had to organize my time accordingly because I had continuous lectures till next week's Wednesday. Also I had a continuous two hour lecture on Monday. Moreover on Tuesday there was writing competition and I was leading it. Miss Jenna volunteered every year and this time she gave that opportunity to me but I was regretting it this moment, I should've let Miss Jenna handle it : )
If I skip University one more day I'm damn sure I am gonna get evacuated by Boss for my leniency. 

"There's a creative writing competition on Tuesday, whoever is interested in it please give your names to Sarah. Sarah, would you please mail me the names of interested students along with their topics."

"Yes professor", Sarah smiled and started typing on her laptop. While I was busy thinking about what topic should I give them.

I was thinking about 'Gone with the Wind' by Margaret Mitchell, but that would be too much for the freshmen year students. So, I decided to give them Oscar Wilde. No doubt it's tough too, but they are gonna learn many things by him and his art of writing.

"Today's assignment is, 'Oscar Wilde's, The Picture of Dorian Gray'. You all will love it surely, it's a fantasy about a portrait, plus point : you can steal some ideas for your competition as well, we'll discuss about it on Monday."

"Okay professor"  All 25 of them nodded their head in approval. I could see some of them making faces, but I wasn't the one to blame, I was forced to give them assignments every week for the Universities record.

 "If you have any query while reading it or even for your competition you guys can mail me       directly."
"Have a beautiful day ahead you all."  

{FYI : I'm a professor at Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans. I'm a literature teacher here.}

I was winding up my laptop and books, when I heard Henry whispering and smirking at his friends that "Nobody's interested in a stupid portrait, but If it's you standing naked in the book as a portrait we'd love to read the book" Sam, Bruno, Tom, Marlon they all started laughing out loud with Henry. 

Honestly, I didn't care about his comment, but I always had a little bit of patience and my savage mode got the best of me and I replied, "Oh ! Henry love, I'm sure you will love Natasha's live streams during 2 am. She surely does have some quiet impressive portrait when it's paused and screenshotted. Do you want me to send the screenshots to you ?? Or shall I send it on the group ??" 

Natasha was his sister and after hearing what I said to his sister he got numb, It took him a while to speak and he said "How dare you speak like that about my sister Professor? I'm gonna go tell every single teacher about your misbehave and The President of University is my Dad's friend he'll surely wanna talk to you about this"

I was actually laughing like, Is he even being serious right now? I spoke softly  "Yes, Henry go ahead tell all the professors about your sister, and tell your Dad too about her live streams. I'm pretty sure they are gonna love her different styles in a form of a portrait"