Chapter 10

Thank you so much to everyone who reads!!! I promise I will make the story a bit more exciting! I hope you enjoy this chapter.
"Can we take a break? My legs are aching from all this riding!" Alex groaned. The three, had been riding for three days straight and everyone was beginning to become tired. "I agree. Why don't we take a break for the night?" Lúthien asked Charlotte, hoping she would finally allow them to take a rest. "No. We need to carry on, else we won't find the gem in time! Now stop being lazy!" Charlotte snapped. "Charlotte, you're being unreasonable and...paranoid. We need to take a break. Lúthien and I are exhausted, we can't go on." Alex whispered softly and slowly Lúthien nodded in agreement. "Don't call me paranoid! If you want to take a rest, then fine but I'm going to carry on riding!" Charlotte shouted grumpily. Alex and Lúthien looked at each other, then sighed and carried on riding.
*a few hours later*
Gradually, the sky began to get dark. Charlotte yawned reluctantly ,"ok, maybe it's time to...go to sleep...I have to admit I am really...tired..." The boys raised their eyebrows,"ok, ok I'm sorry!" Charlotte cried. So they continued to a clearing in the wood and jumped of their horses. Everyone was blindly setting up their individual tent, wanting only to go to bed. "Goodnight. Whoever's up first can make breakfast." Alex smiled sleepily, knowing that it wouldn't be him.

Turning from side to side, Charlotte had trouble falling asleep. There was so much on her mind: the quest, her grandma, her past and much more. Suddenly she heard a voice calling," Charlotte. Charlotte," over and over again. Curious but nervous, Charlotte got out of her bed and wandered towards the voice. She didn't know who or what she was following; all she knew was that for some reason she knew she could trust the voice. "Charlotte. Charlotte. Come here Charlotte. I've been expecting you." Frightened, Charlotte continued following the voice and out of nowhere a faint light appeared, beckoning for her to follow it. Charlotte became increasingly nervous and was uncertain of whether she should really be following this strange, unnatural light.
In the blink of an eye, the light vanished and was replaced by hundreds of trees lit up with fairy lights. Charlotte examined her surroundings, searching for whatever had spoken to her. "Over here." An angelic voice whispered in her mind. "Where is here?" Asked Charlotte politely in her mind. "Here." Replied the voice, this time not in Charlotte's mind. Bewildered and shocked, Charlotte stared at the figure in front of her. A woman with long, wavy, dark brown hair,that tumbled down to her hips, and emerald green eyes that glistened in the light, stood before Charlotte. The woman was wearing an elegant white dress that drifted along the floor when she walked. "What...who...how...?" Charlotte stuttered confused. "All will be explained. Do not worry, my dear," smiled the woman, "my name is Isabella and I urgently needed to speak with you which is why I called you hear. As for how I called you, I simply contacted you with my mind. In case you are wondering, not many beings have the gift of being able to do this, but you do. You and I are gifted with telepathy. Any way, I needed to tell you that you are in danger. Darkness draws near and you are running out of time. The orcs are gathering a huge army and are preparing themselves for war. You must find the gem as fast as your rapid elf-legs will carry you." Charlotte gasped, how did this woman even know anything about her, she had never seen her in her life. Or had she? She didn't know. "How do you know me?" Charlotte asked. "Know you? Charlotte, everyone knows you. You are the one destined to restore balance between the world. Not only is it you that the prophecy talks about, you are the prophecy. Without you, the prophecy can not come true." The woman replied softly. "Whatever everyone thinks I am, you've got the wrong person. The prophecy can't mean me. I mean, look at me. I'm nothing special. I don't even know who you are." Charlotte cried, sick of everyone thinking she was this all important person. "I figured you might eventually ask. I am the cloud princess." The woman sighed. "What? That's impossible! The cloud princess died years ago...my grandma saw you...dead." Charlotte whispered astonished. The woman laughed,"The answer is simple I faked my death."
I hope you enjoyed that chapter! I think this is my new favourite chapter! Don't forget to read, vote or comment! I will try to update soon!