Chapter 8

Thank you so much for all the support! I am really sorry that I have not updated in ages. I have just been soooo busy with schoolwork. I noticed that my most recent chapters did not have as many views as the rest. So please read those chapters!!! This chapter is dedicated to IFISTAYForever because she is a good friend and is really nice and comments on all my chapters! If we reach 800 views I will try and update early but I can't promise anything! Enjoy!!

Charlotte and Lúthien were sitting on some rocks next to a river ,waiting to hear about Alex's progress.
Thinking back to when, they had killed the orcs Charlotte remembered what one of them had called Lúthien. "Can I ask you something? It's about your background." Lúthien nodded grimly, he knew what she was going to ask. "Well...when the orcs surrounded us I accidentally picked up what one of them called you...son of Tarael...the betrayer...is that...true? Who is he? I've heard of him but I only recognise his name." Lúthien sighed,"yes it is true. I wish it wasn't, but it is. When I was little, my parents always used to argue and fight over silly things. I was too young to notice but my father was truly awful to my mother.
One day, my mother decided she needed a break so she went away but never came back. The reason my father is called the betrayer is because he was so blinded by his sadness he thought the other elves were to be blamed. So he did the unforgivable...he went to the...orcs...asking for help and of course they agreed. Therefore, my father waged a terrifying war on the elves which meant he betrayed his kin, hence why he is called the betrayer. Obviously the elves still won the battle but my father has never been trusted since. My father never talks about my mother anymore because he knows it was his own fault but he is too arrogant to admit it.

When I was older I went looking for my mother and had lost all hope of ever finding her. When suddenly I happened to come by a dark cave but when I went in I saw the dead..." Lúthien gulped, "...skeleton...I only recognised her by the necklace she had always been wearing. It had...a type of...gem in it..." Charlotte gasped. She couldn't believe it! Could it be? "Wait.. pause for a minute...did you just say...gem?!" Clearly confused, Lúthien stared at Charlotte."Yes I said gem. So what?" Charlotte felt like celebrating. Even though she didn't know for certain there was a possibility. "Ok. Even though I know you have not finished your story, now it's my turn. You're probably wondering what a member of Chillian is doing near the elven borders," Lúthien nodded, "well...I am looking for something. Something that you may have heard of it's a gem that when worn ,depending on the person..." Lúthien's eyes widened,"it changes colour." Lúthien realised, finishing Charlotte's sentence. "Yes. Exactly. Have you heard of it?" Charlotte curiously asked. "My mother used to tell me stories about it...hang on a second...are you trying to tell me that...my mother's necklace is this...all important gem that thousands have died searching for." Charlotte smiled excitedly. "Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying! We can't know for sure but there is a possibility!" The two elves looked at each other with pure enthusiasm in the eyes. For the quest for The Lost Gem had just begun.

"So tell me. What is an elf doing, living in Chillian?" Lúthien wondered aloud. "To be entirely honest...I'm not one hundred percent sure but I know that my mother was an elf but my father was a human. I can't really remember where my mother used to live but that doesn't matter... So one day my mother met my father outside her home, because my father was out hunting, and instantly fell in love. My father insisted upon that they moved to Chillian which was where my father lived and so they did," Charlotte paused,"a few years later, I was born. everyone was surprised to see that I was an elf and were slightly disappointed, since my father was the leader, I would one day become leader. Any way my parents desperately wanted to see what was beyond Aragonas so they travelled by boat across the river but...unfortunately...drowned." A single tear escaped Charlotte's eye and Lúthien gave her an empathetic and encouraging smile. Before anything more could be said the healers returned with Alex close behind. Charlotte rushed up to Alex and threw her arms around his neck. Alex winced, as Charlotte hugged him tightly,"oh I'm sorry! I forgot...but you're ok! I was scared you weren't going to make it." Charlotte whispered relieved. Alex chuckled,"there's no way you're getting rid of me that easily!"

Finally! I have finished this chapter! I spent forever on it! I know it's not one of the best chapters and I'm sorry but oh well! I made sure to make the chapter as long as possible! I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to read, vote or comment!