Chapter 3

I am really sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I have just been so busy! Thank you soooo much to everyone who read, commented or voted!!! I love checking and seeing that the number of reads have increased! But please keep reading, voting and commenting. I will write the next chapter if we reach 250 reads! Remember that this story is mine and has taken influences from the hobbit but other than that it is entirely mine!!! So no copying!!! But for now, enjoy!!!

Alex's PoV

My eyes flashed open as I heard someone knocking at my window. I groaned as I was forced out of bed, it was bloody 6:00 in the morning and I was still in my pyjamas! Opening the window, I saw none other than the petite figure of a familiar elf: Charlotte. She jumped through the window and pushed past me. "Well.....good morning to you too," I thought to myself. Charlotte was blindly rummaging through my possessions and with her extra speed as an elf she searched my whole empty cottage by the time I had been able to blink. I grabbed Charlotte's shoulders and forced her to look directly at me and sighed, "aren't you going to tell me why you're here at bloody 6:00 in the morning and why you are bloody searching through my stuff?" Charlotte glared at me and using her mater-of-fact voice replied, "firstly stop using the word "bloody" in a sentence where it doesn't really make sense....." I quickly interrupted her by saying, "it does when you have just been "bloody" woken up at 6:00 in the morning!" I smirked at her when she blushed. "As I was saying....secondly I am here because I am looking for that map you have, of all the areas of Aragonas," Charlotte continued. Aragonas is the name of our world including all the Orc, dwarf, elf, human territories and many others including Chillian.I let go of Charlotte's shoulders and stood gaping at her, "you woke me up for that old thing?! You could have just asked like normal people instead of climbing in their window and have I mentioned it is 6:00 in the morning!!!!" Suddenly when I saw the upset expression on Charlotte's face, I realised that she was not a normal person like me. She was an elf and could never be normal. She is an elf and I am a boring old human. "I see...well...I will just go and.....collect the map....some other time...and.....leave you to have your.....beauty sleep....like....a....normal person." Charlotte stuttered and when she said the word "normal" she let a single tear roll down her cheek. She turned around and ran back outside, this time using the front door. "Charlotte, you know I didn't mean it like that!!! I just..." I shouted after her when the door slammed shut and I was left all by myself to ponder what had just happened: we had had an argument about something really stupid; I had really upset Charlotte; Charlotte had left without even taking the map.... And I had been an idiot once again.

That's chapter three done! Sorry it's so short but I just felt like I had to introduce Alex a bit more. ;-) I would like to dedicate this chapter to shakeynumber1 because she has supported me throughout and is my partner in crime so if you don't already follow her, go do it now!!!! I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to comment or vote!