Chapter 5

Thank you to everyone who reads the story and who comments and votes! But please vote or comment because it would make me really happy!!!!! Any way, we reached way over 350!!!! Thank you!!!! My personal favourite chapters have been chapter 2 and 4! So if you have not read those then I would recommend them! Comment your favourite chapters please!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!

She sprinted to her paddock and led out her beautiful black thoroughbred and was just about to mount it when she saw a familiar face standing behind her panting loudly. "What are you doing here?" She snarled.

"I was just about to come see you, when I saw you leaving your house, so I followed you....which was quite difficult seeing as you're so fast!" The figure replied out of breath.

"Well you can leave now because I need to go somewhere and I don't exactly want the whole village knowing!" She quietly shouted.

"Yeah, of course, leave right in the middle of the night,"Alex sniggered but saw the seriousness in her face and stared at her, "you've got to be joking! You can't leave! You're going to be leader soon! Eugh! You're so....." he was interrupted when Charlotte snapped, "I never needed your opinion and if you knew what I am about to do you probably wouldn't be laughing...I am going to look for the lost gemstone and if I can't find it I will look for the cloud princess or someone who knew her because I have a feeling that she is still alive." She looked up at the sky and saw a black blanket with stars, wondering whether that was where the cloud princess was. "But you know as well as I do that....this isn't going to be easy.....because I will probably bump into some orcs. I can take of myself though. I am the best archer." Charlotte smirked because she really was the best archer and she knew that Alex had always been jealous of her. "Well good for you but I'm not letting you leave. Someone else can do it....you don't have to....your only 14...."

"For your information I am turning 15 soon." Charlotte corrected him. "Nearly 15 or 14 who cares, it still proves my point...you can't go....you could contact the elves....ask them to do it...I'm sure they would understand and help you seeing as you're an elf....that way you would still be helping,"Alex looked at her pleadingly, "please, stay here, if not for your gran, then....do it for me." Charlotte saw that he really meant what he was saying but knew that her mind was already made up. "Listen....do you remember the prophecy that my grandma once told me about? I think I...may have figured it out." Alex nodded miserably and knew instantly what she was talking about. The prophecy said that the next heir to the throne of Chillian would find what had once been lost and would restore the balance in the world. Unfortunately it also said that the heir to the throne would be betrayed and killed. Charlotte and Alex had never quite understood what it meant but Charlotte now understood what the prophecy was talking about."Yeah I know what you're talking about.....but it can't be true because it said the heir to Chillian would be killed....do you think it's talking about you finding the gem?" Alex already knew the answer. "Yes. Yes, I do....which is why I need to leave now and...I told grandma to tell you this but seeing as you're already here, I might as well tell you myself...I forgive you for what you said and I'm sorry about the way I reacted....I had a lot on my mind." Alex smiled at her and told her that he was sorry about what he had said and that he would never say anything like that again. Charlotte gave him a hug, attached her possessions onto her Shadow's saddle and jumped onto her horse. She looked around to see that Alex was on his horse right next to her and asked,"what are you doing?" Alex laughed and said," I'm coming with you of course."

So that's chapter 5 done! What did you think? I really enjoyed that chapter actually, it's my new favourite! Remember some characters such as orcs belong to J.R.R Tolkien but the rest belongs to me!!!! Have a good Sunday!