Chapter 23

I hope you have enjoyed this story! This story is dedicated to all my readers because I have really enjoyed writing this story and am sad that it is now at an end! I hope you enjoy this last chapter!

Charlotte, Alex and Lúthien arrived at Chillian after 1 week of constant horse riding. But it had certainly been quicker than on the way there seeing as they hadn't bumped into any orcs. "Home," Charlotte sighed as they crossed the borders to Chillian.

As they slowly walked into the village, hundreds of heads turned. People whispered as they passed, "look it's Alex and Charlotte! They've returned!" Everyone was shocked to see them alive. There was cheering and a loud applause. Everyone had a smile on their face and everyone was laughing. When Charlotte introduced Lúthien to everyone, they were all incredibly grateful and bowed down. "There's no need for that. Rise!" Lúthien thanked the village for allowing him to stay. Alex went back to his parents, who were thrilled to see him alive and Charlotte went back to her grandma, who grabbed her and hugged her until Charlotte could barely breath. When Lúthien introduced himself to Charlotte's grandma, she gasped,"I know your kingdom very well! I was born in your kingdom!" Lúthien gasped as well and said,"well then you are very welcome to return sometime!" Everything and everyone was finally at peace. After a few weeks, Lúthien returned to his kingdom but before he left he went to say goodbye to Alex and Charlotte. "I have loved meeting you both! It has been an absolute honour! I will never forget our adventure and I will make sure that Black Forest and Chillian become strong allies. You must come visit as often as possible and I will visit as well!" Charlotte looked into his eyes and started crying,"we'll all miss you!" Chillian had allowed Lúthien to borrow one of their horses for his journey so that he wouldn't have to walk even though he would've been quite fast. So after his goodbye, he rode away on his new horse. After Lúthien had left, Charlotte knocked on Alex's house and when he opened she gave him a long hug,"it's over! It's all over!" He nodded and hugged her back.

When Charlotte turned 16, she became the leader of Chillian and ruled with pride. She was a brilliant leader. Everyone loved her. One day, Charlotte went to her grandma and asked her what had happened to her mother and their secret base. "Well seeing as you saved everyone, the base was never actually needed. So everyone went back to their original homes. I was going to tell you about your mum in the hologram but obviously I couldn't."
"But if everyone's gone home...where's my mum now?" Charlotte asked.
Charlottes grandma winced,"I was afraid you'd ask that. Well, your mum she...went back to where she and your father lived together."
Charlotte sighed,"never mind. I'll go visit her someday. But for now I'm quite happy here." She smiled. She really was quite happy with her life, I mean, being ruler of a village. Not too bad I'd say.
"What happened to the war after the gem was destroyed?" Charlotte asked. She'd never actually found out what had happened.
"Well, the orcs retreated back to their home and apologised for their behaviour. Anyone that tried to rebel was killed by the orcs themselves. They agreed to be peaceful from now on."
"Why did they stop the war?"
"They saw that what they had done was wrong and don't you remember your spell? You made them forget what happened and you made them forget all about the gem. Everyone forgot about the war and continued living as if nothing had ever happened. A few people however were able to resist the spell and do remember what happened. Those who do remember will live on to tell the story."
"Oh yeah. But how did all the people of Chillian remember what had happened? And what about the people of Black Forest? Or what about all the people that were at the secret base? What about my mum?"
"They were all under a spell so that they wouldn't forget. Most people are put under a spell when they are born so that they cannot forget anything no matter how powerful the spell."
"And the orcs weren't under this spell"
"Exactly."
So everything's turned out ok, I guess?"
"Yes. Yes, everything has turned out fine. Just fine." Charlotte's grandma smiled and felt so proud of her granddaughter. Charlotte had saved everyone and had mastered magic. She and her mother were the only people alive who could do magic. "Grandma? I'm going to Alex's house. Is that ok?"
"That's fine, my dear! You know, you don't have to ask anymore! You are the ruler of Chillian."
"I know. I just forget sometimes." Charlotte burst out laughing.

Knocking on Alex's house, Charlotte closed her eyes and listened to the distant laughter and chatter. She was truly at peace. "Yes? Oh look! Isn't this my elf friend?" Alex said smirking.
"Yes. Yes, it is your elf friend! I wanted to...thank you for everything. Without you, I don't think I would've saved everyone or have become ruler..."
Alex softened his smile and replied,"Charlotte. You would've done both those things without me. Do you know why?" Charlotte shook her head. "Because you're the most amazing being that exists and you'll live on in stories. I mean, look around you, everyone looks up to you. You've made friends with other villages and are the best leader we could've ever asked for." Charlotte blushed and stood on her toes and kissed Alex on his cheek. "Thank you." Just as she was about to leave, Alex grabbed Charlotte's wrist and pulled her close to him and kissed her. She smiled and waved. As she was on her way home, she saw a translucent figure standing in front of her. "Hello Charlotte!" It was the cloud princess. "Hello Isabella!"
"I wanted to congratulate you but mostly say goodbye! I won't be coming back to the earth because I am no longer required."
"Thank you so much for all your help!"
"No problem! Goodbye Charlotte!" The cloud princess winked and with that she was gone.

Charlotte smiled. Everyone was happy. And she was more happy than she could have ever imagined. The gem was destroyed, she was leader of Chillian and the world was at peace again.

Aww! That's the end! I hope you all enjoyed this story! I'd like to take this as an opportunity to thank everyone who has been following my story! You've all supported me and encouraged me to finish this story! I've thoroughly enjoyed writing it! Thank you!!!
However, I've decided (as requested by WinterSolstice22 ) to write an epilogue about Lúthien and Victoria's homes!

Snowflake163 x