Chapter 2

Thank you soooo much for reading my story!!! It's really fun to check and see that more people have read my story! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my friends: @ellydoig2002, shakeynumber1, @madslovesgreen and @NehaY358 because they have supported me throughout writing this and they were the ones that made me want to get wattpad! Hope you enjoy!!!!

Charlotte turned around and looked at her grandma. She hated it when people kept secrets from her; she was certain that this was the biggest secret ever! Rising to her feet, Charlotte's grandma beckoned to everyone and told them to sit down and listen to what she had to say. "I know this may seem as ludicrous and a complete shock to most of you.....and that all of you confused and maybe irritated.....I understand that......but there is something vital that I must tell you. Many years ago, 55 in fact, the orcs were looking for something that was very precious to them so-as in that time we were still friends- we offered to help them," she paused and took a deep breath, "On the first of January at 1:00 we made a deal that if we helped them find whatever they were searching for, we would be granted an unimaginable amount of gold!"

"After searching for months we finally found it! So we marched up to the orcs with proud smiles on our faces and showed the Orcs their lost possession. They were over the moon! You should have seen them, they were partying and singing and...." Charlotte's grandma smiled to herself privately and decided to get to the point. "Reminding the orcs that they had to keep their side of the deal, we gave them their prized jewel. But they had tricked us and had never intended on giving us the money in the first place. Late at night, we snuck up to the orc palace and stole it! Once the Orcs realized what had happened they were enraged!" Charlotte looked at her Grandma with a hurtful expression but didn't say anything as she wanted to hear the rest of this treacherous story. "We spent many hours discussing what we were going to do with it but we came to the conclusion that someone should take it to the cloud princess where it would be safe but the person that was supposed to take it to the princess was an idiot and lost it!!! It has never been found even up to this day. The orcs were so angry that they decided to attack us every year on the first of January at 1:00." Charlotte's grandma finished her speech and quietly sat down.

A young boy named Alex, 1 year older that Charlotte with brown hair and brown eyes stepped forward and questioned, "if i may ask.....what is it?" Charlotte looked up at him and blushed when he met her gaze, she had always admired his curiosity but would not admit it. Charlotte's grandma thought of how to answer his question and finally replied, "it is a very precious gemstone, worth more than anything in the world. Unfortunately we did not know of its importance at the time so we just gave it to the Orcs, ignorant of what could have happened."

" The gemstone changes colour depending on the type of person that is holding it. If the person is morbid and evil it will turn black, if the person is loyal and good nurtured the gem will turn red and so on. Now this gemstone is very powerful and could potentially be used to destroy the universe! Which is exactly why the orcs wanted it, and we wanted to give it to the cloud princess because she was a princess that well....lived in the sky and protected the earth. She had been alive for centuries and should have been alive for many more centuries to come but the orcs somehow knew of our intentions and killed her in an instant. The cloud princess was the only person alive that could safely hold the gemstone without being influenced by its power. So now if the orcs manage to find the gemstone all will be lost." Charlotte's grandma trudged back to her house and slumped exhausted into her favourite chair.Charlotte and Alex exchanged a nervous glance and wondered where in the world the gemstone might be.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! Personally that was probably my favourite! Once again thank you to everyone! Please vote or comment on how to improve the story! xxx