Chapter 21

I know I'd update when we reached 40 reads but I might as well update now... This chapter is dedicated to Dw_182 because she is a great friend! Go check out her Harry Potter fan fiction "if it got swapped"  I hope you enjoy!

After Victoria had shown them the hologram, they decided to continue their journey. While they were riding, Victoria talked about her home town. How just like Chillian it had been destroyed by the orcs.
"What was it like before it was destroyed?" Charlotte questioned curious.
With a daydreamy grin on her face, Victoria replied," it was the most beautiful village in the land. It was kept secret which meant that only maribellas lived there but believe it or not, hundreds of years ago, we had a wide diversity of beings. In every corner you saw nature: flowers, plants, trees, everything." Her smile turned into a frown. "But that was all destroyed and now there is nothing left. Nothing." Charlotte saw the pain in Victoria's eyes and knew she had to find the gem before any other village was demolished.

Charlotte's POV
We had been riding for hours when suddenly a terrible pain pierced through my brain. Groaning, I nearly fell off my horse. Alex, who had been the first person to notice, jumped off his horse in time to catch me before I fell. "Charlotte? Charlotte? What's wrong with you?" Within seconds, I felt myself being sucked into unconsciousness.

When I opened my eyes, everyone was gone. I was in a strange room with white walls and white floors. I began to wonder whether I was in heaven. Out of nowhere I heard a voice, "No you're not in heaven."
"Who said that?!" I shouted and wondered how they had known that I had thought I was in heaven. I received no reply so I decided to ask again, "who said that??"
"I did," said the voice and suddenly a figure appeared in front of me. The figure was a ghost. Strangely enough, I felt something tug at a distant memory, I recognised this...person (at least that's what I thought it was). "Who, who are you? And where am I?"
"Charlotte, you're in a dream. You're just unconscious. And as for who I am, I'm your mother."
"But that...that's not possible my mother is dead..."
"No darling. I am alive and well. I had to make sure that you and your father thought I was dead because it would keep you safe. I am at a secret base where for years we have been finding a way to live and mainly keeping away from the orcs. We knew that the time would come where society would be destroyed so we built a new society. Here."
Struggling to take in what she was saying, I asked, "but then how are you contacting me?"
"I'm like you child. I have magic. The ability to teleport, do magic and to communicate through telepathy. But the reason I contacted you is because I know you're searching for the gem and I know where it is. I..." Angrily, I interrupted her, "wait a minute. You're telling me, you know where the gem is?! The same gem that we've been searching for, for weeks?! The same gem that could have saved thousands of lives?! And you didn't say a thing? Why didn't you contact me earlier?" I felt anger rushing through my veins. Thousands of people's lives could have been saved!
"I'm sorry, darling! I had no choice! They said it was too dangerous to contact you, so well...I didn't..." My mother replied solemnly.
"Never mind. It's done. So where is the gem? I have to find it before someone else finds it and does any more damage!" I asked.
My mother closed her eyes and instantly we were transported to a forest. I turned around and smiled. I knew where we were. My mother grinned, "recognise it?" I nodded. "It's where we used to take you. I've always tried to find the gem but I know now that the only person who could ever find it is you. It's here but where exactly, I don't know. But you'll know when you're here."
"Why me? Why couldn't it have been someone else?" I had never wanted to be the one to save everyone.
"Because you're special. Your heart is pure." Suddenly we were back ok the White "hospital".
"Now go! Go find the gem and end this retched war!"
"I will!" With that the image disappeared and I felt my mind return and I felt myself seep back into consciousness.

"Charlotte? What happened?" Alex asked worried.
"Shh. It's alright! I'm ok! I was just a little unconscious," I smiled and told them of my dream. Of meeting my mum and of the plan.
Lúthien, who had not said a word, looked at me and laughed," well then! Let's return to our journey and find this gem. The one we've been searching for, for weeks!"
We all started laughing. We were going to finish the quest! With new enthusiasm, we returned to our journey.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! I'm sorry I haven't been updating regularly I've just been very busy! But I'm going to finish the story soon!! 😊