Chapter 18

Once again sorry for the delay... Thank you to everyone who is reading my story!!! I can't believe this is chapter 18 already! This chapter is dedicated is dedicated to all my followers and readers because you guys are amazing!!! I hope you enjoy!!!

(Charlotte's POV)
My eyes slowly fluttered open and I reluctantly began to sit up. I groaned as my head began to spin and I seriously thought I was going to throw up. Suddenly, everything came back to me. How the orcs had captured me and I was now... Wait, where was I? Standing up, I walked around in a circle and took in my surroundings. I gasped. Oh no! No, no, no, no! I was in a prison cell. In the Orc realm. "Can this get any worse?" I wondered out loud. Out of nowhere, a quiet voice replied to my rhetorical question.
"Sorry to disappoint you, but yes. Yes it can get worse. In fact it's quite probable, that it will get worse."
Out of shock, I jumped. "Who said that? Where are you?" I whispered to the invisible voice.
"My name's Victoria and I'm in the cell next to you. I've been following you, Alex and Lúthien for miles but when you split from the other two, I decided to follow you. I knew that the boys would be fine by themselves. I'm not saying you're not capable by yourself. No, in fact quite the opposite. When I saw that the orcs had captured you, I was going o break you out of this hell-hole but unfortunately the orcs found me and locked me up as well. You've been asleep for hours! I wish I could sleep that long..." Replied the voice. Knowing that this stranger had been "stalking" us, creeped me out.
"What are you? Human? Orc? Elf? Dwarf? And why did you follow us?" I questioned my new prison friend.
"None of those categories actually... You might of heard of my species... You might not..." Nerves crept into veins so I rudely interrupted, "please! Just tell me for goodness sake! What are you?"
"Alright, alright!" Victoria lowered her voice, "I'm a maribella. And why I was following you: Chillian asked me to pass on a message to you which I will tell you when we are in a safer place."
Gasping, I tried to absorb what she had just said. "A maribella? But, I was always told they were extinct! I've heard stories about your folk! However, I don't exactly know what you look like because I've never seen one of your kind." Victoria smiled at me,
"Well, we are fairies but we are not like normal fairies because we can turn into any animal. We can also turn our wings invisible. The reason people believe we are extinct, is because we went into hiding. As I'm sure you have heard from stories, the orcs wanted to get rid of us because of our partial shapeshifting ability. They said that we were a threat. Does that answer your question?" Bewildered but intrigued, I nodded in response. Gathering my thoughts together, I smirked, "now let's get out of this hellhole!"

Victoria and I had spent the rest of the day, forming an escape plan. At the start, both of us had had no ideas whatsoever. But soon, our brains filled with suggestions and by the late afternoon, we had a plan.

"Ready?" Victoria asked me. I smiled at her and shrugged, "ready as I'll ever be!"
"Then let's go put this crazy plan of ours into action!"

A few minutes later, once we had triple checked that everything was ready, my prison friend nodded at me, indicating that it was time. Gulping in a large amount of air, I screamed at the top of my lungs, until I felt lightheaded. Not long after, two Orcs came running. A fat and rather stupid Orc panically asked, "girl? Are you alive? What happened? Can you speak?" The other Orc looked at him and slapped him hard on the head, "if she's dead, how can she speak, you doofus!" The same Orc turned to look at me and saw that I was lying on the ground, dead-looking. "Open the prison! Shake her! Do anything to make her wake up! Our leader will kill us if he finds her dead!" The fat Orc waddled towards my prison cell and unlocked it. Smelling his rank breath on my face, I suddenly jumped up and kicked him between the legs. He groaned and fell flat on his face. Unfortunately, my bow and arrows had been taken off me but a bit of fist fighting couldn't do any harm.

Before, the smarter Orc could call for help, I happily punched him in the face, making him retreat a few steps backwards. Then, I took out a knife which I had been hiding in my sock and pierced it through his skin. Even though, archery was my strength, I wasn't bad at stabbing people either. When the Orc fell dead on the ground, I grabbed the keys from around his waist and unlocked Victoria's cell. When she confidently stepped out of the cage, I properly looked at her for the first time. I had barely been able to see her through the cage but now that I looked at her, she was magnificent. She had ocean blue wings that shimmered in the light and black hair that tumbled down to her waist. Her eyes were a deep purple and she wore a light yellow dress that reached her feet. "Wow! You're beautiful!" I admitted out loud. "Thank you. And you are even more  beautiful than Chillian told me." She replied politely. Looking sideways, I saw my weapons stored safely in a cupboard. Lifting up the keys once again, I flicked through them all to see which one would fit inside the keyhole to the cupboard. When I found the correct one, I opened up the cupboard to see my bow and arrows and my daggers.

After I had put everything back where it belonged, I quickly whispered, "we have to hurry! Before we waste anymore time! Before  the orcs realise we're gone! Run!" Victoria nodded hastily in response as she started running beside me.

Left, right, left, right, straight forward, back, retrace steps, left, right, up the stairs, left, left, hide, keep running. Victoria and I had been running through the "labyrinth" for what felt like hours . Towards the end neither of us felt like talking or running.

Just when we thought we'd reached an exit, we heard voices behind us. "Well, well, well. What do we have here? Isn't this the elf girl everyone's afraid of? And who's this?" Hesitantly and reluctantly, we turned around to face the orcs. What we saw, made our mouths drop.

Thank you once again for reading my story! What do you think Victoria and Charlotte are seeing? And what do you think Chillian wanted Victoria to tell Charlotte? Wait for the next chapter to find out what happens! Btw full credits to whoever made the wings (I only slightly edited it)