Freefalling

The meeting wasn't going as planned to say the least. The investors were being difficult as always. But two of them, in particular, seemed more interested in degrading his staff and finding flaws in the plan rather than listening to the presentation. Sky was getting annoyed, to say the least.

But he kept it in. He knew it would do more harm than good if he expressed his annoyance. So he tried his best to keep that formal yet fake smile on his face as he continued to listen to their complaints.

Kom was sitting on his right at the conference table, noting down the proceedings of the meeting. He suddenly turned to Sky and said, "Sir, Mr Pai is on his way to join the meeting". Sky thought he heard it wrong. The confusion was evident on his face.

"Mr Pai has signed as one of the investors for this project", said Kom. Sky didn't want this to happen. He didn't want to see P'Pai right now when he was already having a hard time handling the two investors. He would go completely crazy if P'Pai was added to the mix.

He was about to ask Kom to cancel the contract with P'Pai when the man himself walked into the conference room with his secretary in tow.

"I'm sorry I'm late for the meeting. But please don't let me interrupt you", Prapai said with a sheepish grin on his face as he motioned the presenter to continue. He took a seat one seat down Sky's right, next to Kom. His secretary just stood behind his chair looking all formal with a stack of files and a tablet in her right arm as she typed on the tablet with her left hand.

"You know it is disrespectful towards the others in the room when you come barging in and think everything will be alright once you apologize without even stating your business", said one of the two investors who were being difficult. He glared at Prapai and it seemed like they knew each other but definitely not as friends.

Prapai was about to retort but was interrupted by Sky, "Please calm down Mr Lee, Mr Pai is also one of the investors in the project. And I think we can be a little forgiving this time and let this go, can't we? We need to get this meeting wrapped up in the next two hours. So let's focus on that, shall we?".

Prapai honestly wanted to corner Sky and talk about what happened yesterday but he controlled himself for now. He wasn't sure about what he wanted at this moment but he knew that he couldn't do anything until the meeting was over.

"Are you trying to say that I'm wasting your time when I'm clearly just trying to make Mr Pai understand some basic etiquette?", Mr Lee said with a rising tone.

Prapai was getting mad at Mr Lee for speaking with Sky like way. Mr Lee and Prapai were not on good terms as Prapai had taken a few deals that both of them were interested in causing huge losses for Mr Lee. But now he was targeting Sky and Prapai was not okay with that.

He was about to snap back when Sky interrupted him once again, "You are misunderstanding the situation Mr Lee...".

Mr Lee abruptly stood up from his chair and slammed his hands on the table startling the others. "First your employees give me this crappy presentation and now you are defending Mr Pai while insulting me. Do you think I'm that desperate to make this deal?".

Sky just couldn't take it anymore so with an icy calm tone he said, "Then leave". Mr Lee looked baffled at Sky's bluntness. Prapai was enjoying himself and honestly, Sky looked sexy when he took control like this putting Mr Lee in his place.

Mr Lee was getting red in the face due to embarrassment and was about to leave when another one of the investors, Mr Chae said, "Is this how you treat your investors Mr Sky? It seems like you have the misconception that you have many investors lined up for you. But do you know what they say about you behind your back?".