I left

The mansion was darkly lit with blues and reds. All the guests dressed in tuxedos and dresses were busy socialising. Waiters moved around offering various drinks. One offered Sky and Rain some drinks and appetizers on a platter. Rain dressed in a navy blue tux took a flute of champaign. Sky was wearing black shirt and pants. A cream coloured cardigan elegantly draped his shoulders. He politely refused the waiter and turned to look at the crowd, he was trying to look for P'Pai. His heart was beating fast. He wanted to tell P'Pai everything as fast as possible. The thought yesterday had shaken him up pretty badly.
   "P'Pai is not here yet. P'Payu and P'Pai will come together. I just got a text from Phi. So calm down please", said Rain. "Isn't he the host of the party? How come he is late?", asked Sky. He was getting anxious by the minute. He had a feeling that something was about to go horribly wrong. "P'Payu said this party is hosted by P'Pai's family, not P'Pai himself. Please calm down Sky, you look like you are about to faint. Have some wine. Maybe it'll help", Rain picked another flute from a waiter passing by and offered it to Sky. "Drink it yourself. I don't want it right now", Sky was starting to get annoyed by Rain but then thought 'he does not know anything yet. It's not even his fault. Just wait for a little while Sky'.
   That's when he noticed a few seniors from the uni walking their way. Sky knew a few of them personally. They came to stop infront of them and one of them said, "Nong'Sky, Nong'Rain, what are you doing here? Are you close with P'Pai?", "Yes we know him Phi, what about you?", asked Rain. Another one of them replied, "yeah we are working on a few projects with him. So Nong'Sky, where have you been? I don't see you around much these days", Sky was about to answer but Rain interrupted and said he needed to use the restroom and left. Sky turned to his senior and replied, "I had some health issues Phi. I'll come more regularly now". A man in his fiftys got on the stage and started testing the mic. Sky guessed that was P'Pai's father.
   "Please come more regularly Nong'Sky, the club will be ruined without you. You know how mad Phi'Som gets when we make the silliest mistakes", the senior then tried to imitate Som's voice in a high pitch. Everyone laughed including Sky. "Seems like you guys are having fun", Sky recognized the voice immediately and turned around to find P'Pai. All of the seniors greeted him then one of them said, "Yes Phi, the party is amazing. Thanks for inviting us". Sky just stared at P'Pai for a while, drinking him in. It had been so long since they had last met. P'Pai was dressed in a black tux. He smiled at all of them but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. Nobody seemed to notice though.
   P'Pai moved closer to stand beside Sky. One of Sky's seniors started talking about some project and the others were listening intently. Sky's heartbeat sped up at P'Pai's proximity. He tried to collect his thoughts. He just needed to take P'Pai to somewhere more private and have a talk with him. He expected that P'Pai would come with him and listen. What happened next was something he did not expect. While others were not paying attention P'Pai leaned closer to Sky and whispered in his ear, "You are such a whore, Sky", it wasn't a question, it was a statement. And P'Pai said it with such hatred and disgust in his voice that it took Sky sometime to let it sink in. When he finally understood that P'Pai was talking about him laughing with the seniors, he quickly tried to explain. But before he could get a word out, a women walked towards them. She came to a stop beside P'Pai and grabbed his arm in the most coquettish manner. "Prapai, they will be calling us on the stage soon. Let's go", she said. All the seniors around them stopped talking and looked at Prapai and that women. "I'll introduce her to you guys later. I need to leave for now. Enjoy the party", and with that P'Pai and that women left.
   Sky didn't like the way she was clinging over P'Pai. "They must be close.  Maybe dating?", said one of the seniors. Sky didn't like the sound of that but he had bigger problems to worry about. P'Pai was acting so cold towards him. Sky thought, 'He is just angry right now. He would never behave like this towards me. We just need to talk it out, that's it'. P'Pai's father started talking about the merger with some company and everyone turned their attention towards the stage.
   Sky turned to look at the stage too. There he saw P'Pai standing with that women again. This was really starting to upset him. "This merger is not the only reason for this party. I have another great news", said P'Pai's father. He continued saying, "My eldest son Prapai is getting married to his childhood best friend Lamai. And she has already given us good news. We will be welcoming my grandchild soon", the old man really looked happy when he said that. The whole crowd was stunned at first. But Prapai pulled Lamai closer and kissed her on the lips. The news finally sunk in and the whole crowd burst into applause.
   All Sky could hear was a deafening sound. His blood went cold. He only stared at Prapai standing on the stage, smiling while holding Lamai by the waist like they were the happiest couple in the room. Sky felt his world crumbling around him. But he didn't shed a single tear, maybe there weren't any left to cry. All the while he thought, 'It was all so pointless. All those promises of forever, all that trust. The feeling that I have someone I can call home. So pointless'. Sky then turned around to walk away.
   But he found P'Payu looking at him with concern. P'Payu opened his mouth to say something but closed it shut. Sky smiled at P'Payu, "If you are worrying about me Phi, then don't. P'Pai and I broke up, though I wonder if we had anything to begin with. Anyway I'm happy for him. I'm leaving now. Tell Rain not to worry and that he can stay with you from today. I want my dorm to myself you know", he chuckled at his own joke and walked out of the doors. Payu didn't know what to say so he let Sky leave.
   Sky took a cab to his dorm. It started raining heavily. He was beginning to have the cramps again. The pain was worse than what he ever felt. He got out of the cab and paid the fare. He then climbed the stairs to his room slowly. Each step was agony. He should go to the hospital, but he couldn't bring himself to. He entered the room and closed the door behind him. Maybe it was the sound of the door closing, the cold scent of rain or his own broken heart, but he slid down the door and sat down on the ground with a thud. That's when it truly hit him. He had lost it all...