No tether

Sky couldn't believe what he was seeing. The flight had landed sometime around five in the evening. They were back in Phuket. Though Iris had cried a little, Sky was still able to handle it. And now Kom and the nanny, with Iris went ahead to the resort. While Sky was waiting for Rain and P'Payu.

Sky walked out of the terminal doors and was greeted by the newest member of his staff, First. First took the bags from Sky and Sky turned around to look at Rain and P'Payu, expecting them to hand over their bags as well. Rain had his eyes glued to his phone and didn't look up and so, he crashed straight against the glass doors of the terminal. He staggered back due to the impact but still didn't look up from the game he was playing (Sky assumed he was playing, as Rain passionately tapped on his phone, while his face was scrunched up in concentration).

He continued tapping with one hand, eyes still on the phone, while he used the other to push the door open. But the door was supposed to be pulled, and so it didn't open. Rain still didn't realize that and continued using all his strength to push the door open, while he continued to play at the same time. Most of the bystanders were looking at Rain strangely, probably wondering if he was a little dumb or a complete psychopath.

"Do you know him, sir?", asked First while looking at Rain in amazement. "I don't", Sky replied without hesitation. Sky was about to turn around and walk away in embarrassment, when P'Payu approached Rain.

P'Payu was on a call when he noticed Rain being an idiot again. He quickly hung up and walked towards Rain. Rain was still trying to open that door. P'Payu pulled him away and Rain looked up at him. P'Payu flicked his forehead and Rain cried out in pain. He then pulled the door open and walked out with all their bags, while Rain just followed him out, eyes back on the game. Sky was pretty sure Rain still didn't realize what was happening.

Both of them approached Sky. Sky looked at P'Payu pitifully like saying, how do you put up with this idiot all the time. P'Payu noticed and just shrugged like saying, can't help it, I love him. He then handed their bags to First, who took the bags away and brought out the car. The trio finally walked out of the airport and got in the car. First drove them to the hotel.

The sunset reflected off the sea and bathed the entire beach and the resort in beautiful shades of reds and yellows. The sand shone on the beach while the waves crashed against the rocks and made a soothing symphony. The scent of salt and the sea was fresh in the air. This part of the beach was reserved for the owner and the staff, so no tourists were found on the beach.

Sky with Rain and P'Payu walked towards the resort. The resort itself was a magnificent sight to behold.

The manager came rushing, and greeted them

The manager came rushing, and greeted them. Rain and P'Payu were handed the key card to their room. "Get some rest Phi, I need to put Iris to sleep too. Let's meet up for dinner after a while.", said Sky. Rain was still busy on his phone but P'Payu nodded and they went their separate ways. P'Payu had his arm around Rain's waist, gently guiding him towards their room. Sky just shook his head looking at his hopeless friend and his hopelessly in love boyfriend.

Sky entered his private suite and saw the nanny rocking Iris in her arms. Iris was still wide awake and was slightly whimpering like she was about to cry. "I fed her. But now she is refusing to sleep", she said with a worried look on her face. "It's okay, just give her to me. You can go and get some rest too", Sky said, while he took Iris from the nanny and smiled at Iris. She was still whimpering, but looking at Sky, a small smile played on her lips. She started making unintelligible but cute sounds, like she was trying to explain something to Sky.

The nanny left the room and closed the door after her. Sky played with Iris for awhile, sitting on the couch and Iris kept giggling and making sounds. Slowly her eyes started getting heavy, Sky put down all the toys they were playing with and stood up. He slowly walked towards the bed and sat on it. Then carefully, he adjusted himself so his back was against the headboard of the bed while Iris was placed on his chest. He started cooing a lullaby that his mom used to sing to him when he was a child. His mom passed away when Sky was very young, so this lullaby was one of the very few memories he had of her.

Iris drifted off to sleep and Sky patted her back, gently rubbing up and down. They lay like this for a long time. Moments like these brought Sky a temporary peace of mind. Though he wasn't any close to falling asleep, he still could feel his thoughts were calm and not filled with anxiety and dread.

It was eight in the evening. Sky tucked Iris in her crib and was about to get ready for the dinner with Rain and P'Payu. He thought of taking a shower, as he was still in the same clothes as in the morning. He removed his jacket and placed it on the coffee table when his phone rang. He picked the jacket up again and searched the pockets for the phone. He took the phone out and looked at the caller ID. It was Rain.

"I'm sorry Sky we won't be able to make it to dinner tonight. Let's meet for breakfast in the morning. Gotta go. Bye!", and Rain hung up. Sky knew exactly why they could not make it but he was okay with it. He was genuinely happy for his friend. Rain and P'Payu really were meant to be. Sky smiled thinking about his friend's idiocy and P'Payu's never ending patience when it came to Rain.

Sky just ordered something to eat and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. When he came out, the food was already placed on the table. Kom might have delivered it to his room. Sky sat on the table with his tablet and started reading mails while having his meal. It was quite in the room. Only Iris's soft snoring disturbed the quite every now and then.

Sky was done eating and he didn't have anything to do for now. Not wanting to go to sleep yet, Sky walked towards the balcony overlooking the sea. The balcony was made of high arches held up by wooden beams all painted in white and the blauster was covered with vines of Jasmine flowers. The flowers gave off a sweet scent that mixed with the scent of the sea. Sky walked towards the blauster and leaned against a pillar while looking at the moon that illuminated the sea. The waves shone as they crashed against the sea. The cold air brushed against his skin and made him shiver.

 The cold air brushed against his skin and made him shiver

The loneliness hit him suddenly. The night was quite and beautiful. But he felt cold inside. Like he didn't have any tether to this world. That's when he looked down towards the beach. His suite was on the first floor so he could look at the beach pretty clearly. He found a man looking back at him. He was dressed in loose white shirt and pants. The moon shone on his skin while the wind blew his hair. The man was like a serene creature brought down from heaven. Sky almost thought this wasn't real and just his imagination. But then his eyes met with the man's and he knew that this was reality. That he was looking into those eyes that were too good at trapping his entire being with a single glance. He was looking at P'Pai...