A hope

At some point Rain came barging into the room. He looked at Sky lying on the bed motionless. Rain rushed towards him and pulled back the comforter. What he saw almost made him want to throw up. There were deep cuts and dark blue bruises littered all over Sky's body. Blood and come oozed from his lower body painting the sheets red. But the most horrifying sight was Sky's bloodless face. His eyes were fixed on the ceiling like he couldn't feel Rain's presence. Rain tried to fight back his tears at the condition of his best friend and instead tried to get Sky's attention.
   "What is wrong with you? Can't you see I'm here? Look at me Sky. Say something na~", Rain's voice started shaking at the end. Tears were streaming down his face,"Sky! Try to get up please. We need to get you to the hospital. Cry if it hurts. Please do something Sky... Sky!", that seemed to get his attention, Sky looked at Rain with confusion in his eyes, like he couldn't understand what was going on. "What's wrong Rain? Why are you crying?", he asked with confusion. "Don't say anything else, just get up and come with me please", Rain didn't try to make any more conversation. He didn't know how to handle Sky right now. Sky wasn't making any sense. And Rain was starting to panic. Sky simply followed Rain's instructions. He got dressed and got into the car.
   Rain started driving towards the closest hospital open at that time. Because it was already 3 in the morning and most shops and markets on the streets were closed. Rain didn't call P'Payu because he knew he was with P'Pai. He didn't really understand the situation but he knew Sky and P'Pai had some sort of falling out because P'Pai started breaking everything in sight as soon as he came back to the racing circuit. P'Payu was busy trying to calm him down. Rain was sure there was a misunderstanding so he came looking for Sky and found him in that condition. "What happened Sky?", Rain asked now that he thought Sky had gained some of his senses. "I feel sleepy Rain. I don't want to talk. Can I pull the window down for a while?", said Sky in a monotonous voice. Rain didn't try to push Sky and simply said, "yeah, go ahead", and drove silently.
   They arrived at the hospital. It was a tiny one but was available at this time of night so they didn't have much choice. It was difficult for Sky to walk so he heavily leaned on Rain for support. While Rain was supporting Sky, he tried to look at the other's face for some sign of life. Maybe some tears or atleast a frown due to pain. But he got nothing. Sky's face was completely lifeless. Like nothing had ever happened to him. They walked towards the reception. Rain had a small conversation with the receptionist, who then directed them towards the doctors cabin.
   Rain propped Sky on the bed in the doctor's cabin. "Sawadee khap, how may I...", the doctor saw Sky's blood stained clothes, stopped talking and got to work, cleaning and bandaging Sky's wounds. He then examined Sky's lower body and said some scans were needed. He came back with the test reports. He had a frown on his face and said to Sky, "I'd like to discuss this in private". Rain got the hint and quickly left the cabin. "Mr Sky the reports of your lower body show lacerations, especially near your asshole, it's almost like you have been assaulted. This needs to be reported to the police and..", this finally got a reaction from Sky. "There is no need to report anything, this was done to me with my consent". It wasn't that Sky was afraid of Gun or the consequences of reporting him, he just couldn't bring himself to care about it. It hurt all over, but Sky didn't care. It was like he had lost the ability to care. He just wanted to get this over with. He didn't know where he'd go after this. He was done with all of this shit so maybe ditching Rain and finding some place to die quietly. Cause he knew one thing clearly, he didn't have any person or purpose to live for. So why not just end it here?
   The doctor knew he was lying but thought to let it go for now. "There is another thing I need to tell you", he said. Sky was only half hearing it, his thoughts were filled with trying to come up with ways of dying. The doctor felt Sky's inattentive attitude but continued anyway. "Mr Sky you are two weeks pregnant", Sky's head snapped towards the doctor. "What did you say? How is that possible? I'm a man", Sky's head was reeling with this new revelation. "Mr Sky, you do know male pregnancy is possible right? There have been considerable amount of cases these days. I'm sure you have heard of it", the doctor said. Sky slowly noded his head, because he did here about it on the news and in articles. He just couldn't believe it was happening to him. The doctor then said, "And it is truly a miracle that the child survived the assault, she is quite stubborn". Hearing this Sky's arms instinctively wrapped around his belly. He forgot all about dying and leaving it all behind. He now thought about his child having to suffer all that had happened to him in the past few hours along with him and felt the pain in his chest.
   He had to protect her, now that he knew about her existence he had someone to live for. The tears finally started flowing....