An explanation

The details were finalized. The meeting ended and all the managers and staff started filing out of the room. Sky was feeling the beginnings of a headache. The room was almost empty. He got up from his chair and started walking towards the exit of the room. That is when he suddenly felt a strong grip on his arm as he was pulled backwards. He lost his balance due to the sudden momentum and started to free fall. The same grip broke his fall and held him tightly.
Sky felt hard muscles all around him. He was engulfed in the warmth. Sky turned his head around and saw P'Pai staring at him intently with a strange look in his eyes. Sky's heartbeat picked up. They both stayed in that position for what felt like hours. P'Pai suddenly pushed him against the table. The edge of the table dug into Sky's back. P'Pai's grip on Sky's arms tightened further. It would definitely leave bruises. Sky's breathing turned uneven. His body tensed as the memories of that night came flooding in. All those hands that had left him bruised and hurting were all Sky could see. He scrunched his eyes shut wishing for it to stop. "No.. s-stop.. pl-please stop..stop it", he panted loudly. He was afraid. So damn afraid..
Prapai looked at Sky tensing. Like he was waiting for Prapai to hit him or something. Prapai immediately loosened his grip but didn't let Sky go. Just then Sky calmed down a little. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at Prapai. "What is the meaning of this Phi? Please let me go right now", Prapai could hear a slight tremor in his voice. "What is wrong with you Sky? Do you think I'm gonna hurt you?", asked Prapai.
"Just let me go first. What do you want from me Phi?", Sky tried to breathe normally. The memories were receding away. He came back to reality and saw P'Pai looking at him with concern. P'Pai didn't let go of his arms and was holding him too close to his chest. Sky could feel their breaths entwining as their chests rose and fell at the same rhythm. This felt all too familiar. Sky suddenly shook his head slightly to stop thinking about all this. P'Pai hated him and he hated P'Pai. There was no point in feeling these emotions.
"What do I want from you? How about an explanation Sky? I got the news of your father's death. I came for you, but you left. Where did you go and why did you leave? And now you come back with this child. I heard the story from Rain. But you never mentioned about a cousin. Who is that child, Sky?", Prapai's tone had turned pleading. This made Sky angry. P'Pai was acting like all of this was his fault. Like if Sky hadn't left, everything would have been fine. Like P'Pai hadn't left him in that room that night. Like he didn't announce his wedding right infront of Sky. And the mentionof Iris made Sky nervous. "Phi I don't think I owe you any explaination. I'd rather you let me go right now. You are a married man afterall and a father too. Let's keep our relationship strictly professional. If we get caught like this by the press or media, I'm sure your wife won't be too happy about it".
Sky tried to pull away but Prapai gripped harder. The mention of his wife seemed to anger him. His tone changed and his frown deepened. "You cheated on me Sky. And then you ran away. That is what happened. I loved you. I trusted you. But I don't think a whore like you will ever understand that", Prapai hissed through his teeth.
Each word hurt worse than the last. Sky had thought nothing could affect him now. He didn't know P'Pai still had this affect on him. And he hated P'Pai for it. But Sky didn't want to give him the satisfaction so he put on a calm face and said, "Believe what you want to Phi. We don't mean anything to each other now. You can call me what you like. Maybe you are right. Maybe I'm a whore. So what? If you think I'm so worthless, then keep your distance from me". With that Sky pulled away with a jerk and this time P'Pai let him go. Sky turned around and walked away without looking back.
Prapai screamed at the top of his lungs. He then overturned the entire table. The table was completely made of glass and it broke up into a million pieces and spread all over the place with a loud crash. His assistant, Miss Thanya, had gone out to talk to the staff about some arrangements. She came rushing and looked at the scene infront of her with wide eyes and an open mouth. The entire room was strewn with shrads of glass. And in the middle of it, stood Prapai looking disheveled. His hair were a mess and so were his clothes. He had a few cuts across his arms, but they looked minor. He was panting due to the force he had exerted to topple the table over.
Thanya was afraid to approach Prapai when he was like this. But she couldn't just let him stand there with his wounds bleeding. So she approached him slowly. She was a practical woman. She didn't ask if he was okay because he clearly wasn't. Instead she got straight to the point and said, "Sir you need to get out of here and get your wounds cleaned up. We will have to pay for the damages. I'll handle that. Would you please get out of this room and wait for me in room 304? I'll be there in a minute."
Prapai was still thinking about what Sky had said. That they didn't mean anything to each other anymore. The thought made him want to break something again. But he looked at Miss Thanya, she was looking at him calmly like a parent waiting for their child to realise their mistake. This further angered Prapai, but he stopped himself from saying something he'd regret later. None of this was her fault. So instead Prapai rushed out of the room and looked around for room 304. Wherever the hell that is.
He was walking down the hallway when he discovered the room Thanya had told him about. The plate on the door read 304 so he simply pushed the door open and strode inside. He thought he would be alone in the room, but he saw a women with a baby in her arms occupying the couch. On a closer look he could tell that, the baby was the one that Sky had been holding before the meeting. So the women must be her nanny.
But the nanny had a strange look on her face. She looked like she really had some other place to be but couldn't go due to some reason. She suddenly rushed towards Prapai and said, "I'm sorry to bother you sir, but I really have some important business to attend to. I've seen you with Mr Sky before, so I'm assuming you both know each other. Please can you do me a favor and hold Iris for a few minutes until I arrive? I would be really grateful".
Prapai was stunned by the women's strange request. "Uh sure... I don't really know how to handle babies...", before he could complete that sentence, she handed him the baby and rushed out of the room. Surprisingly the baby fit perfectly in his arms. For some reason this made Prapai happy. He adjusted his arms a little and when he was sure the baby was comfortable, he took a seat on the nearby couch. The baby... what did the nanny call her?... Iris. Iris was asleep and snoring lightly. He looked at her intently. Looking at her sleeping so peacefully had somehow dissipated all his anger. Again, for a reason unknown to him, he adjusted his arms such that Iris stayed close to his chest. Prapai could understand a little, why Sky was smiling at her that way this morning. He could sit like this looking at her sleep for days...