Just as pretty...

Back at the hotel, Sky entered the suite with Iris sleeping in his arms and Rain following him closely behind. Sky placed Iris in a crib he had asked Kom to prepare for Iris, while Rain closed the door lightly. Then both took their seats on the couch and Rain turned to Sky, "What was that all about?", "What was what all about?", Sky asked in confusion. Sky picked the tablet that was placed on the table and was busy checking the mail. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. What was all that fake smiling, sweet talking and the running away from there like that? Why didn't you just bluntly say you didn't want him near you after all that he has done? Seriously what is wrong with you?", Rain was fuming by the end of his rant.
   Rain rarely got mad but these days whenever P'Pai was mentioned he'd get angry on his friend's behalf. He had a couple of fights with P'Payu over P'Pai in the past two years too. And whenever they met he would completely ignore P'Pai. "Rain.. we have talked about this a hundred times already, I don't want to give Phi the satisfaction. And I had Iris in my arms back at the ceremony hall. Did you want me to start acting all crazy in that situation?", asked Sky, the whole day seemed crazy now that Sky looked back on it. His brain was already reeling with all these thoughts and memories. The last thing he wanted right now was Rain bringing it up all over again.
   While he was scrolling on his iPad he saw a mail from Kom. The schedule for tomorrow was prepared. Rain also recieved a text, so he got busy with texting back and stopped paying attention to Sky. Sky's first meeting was with the material dealers. There was another mail about the managers and staff who would be attending the meeting, the strange thing was their CEO would personally be attending the meeting. Sky scrolled down to see more information about this CEO, of course Sky knew the company was the largest supplier in Thailand and abroad, that is why he had choose them. But that was all he knew. As he scrolled down, he saw a photo of the CEO with all his information given below. To his shock and utter disdain the image was of P'Pai posing for the camera. Sky let out a small scream. He quickly realized he was being too loud and turned to look at the crib. Fortunately Iris was still sleeping soundly. But Rain turned to Sky once again and asked,"What's going on?", "My life just became harder, P'Pai is the CEO of the company I'll be meeting tomorrow. And it gets worse. I have further renovations to do in Phuket and I need his company's assistance. Which means I'll keep seeing him for a while. What should I do? It's not like I can change dealers now, we already signed contracts", Sky was talking too fast, almost like he was hyperventilating. Rain looked at him with concern and said, "calm down Sky, you did well enough today. Just keep treating him like a stranger you have to deal with for all the next meetings. Or you can always punch him in the gut and call him out on all the bullshit that he has pulled", "Shut up Rain", replied Sky. "Okay, I'll keep treating him like a stranger and keep my distance from him", 'but what about the pain that you feel everytime your eyes meet with his and you remember how much you loved and trusted him and how he broke it all, Sky', Sky thought to himself. But he didn't say it out loud because he didn't want Rain to worry. "I'm going to take a shower, order some room service. Keep an eye on Iris. If she wakes up and starts crying just call the nanny. She is staying on the floor downstairs", Sky said putting his iPad down and he started removing his Graduation gown and headed towards the bathroom. Rain too removed his gown and went back to texting someone on his phone.
   The next morning Sky woke up to Iris crying in the crib. Rain had left after dinner last night. From the flushed look on his face, Sky could guess he was going back to P'Payu. It was 6 in the morning and Sky was groggy from sleep. Nevertheless he dragged himself out of the bed and went to Iris. She seemed to calm down a little as soon as she saw Sky's face. Sky picked her up and took her back to the bed with him. He lay her beside him and started singing a sweet lullaby while gently patting her chest. She calmed down completely and after a while went back to sleep. She slept soundly at night and rarely disturbed Sky's sleep for which Sky was grateful.
   Now that he had woken up he just thought to get ready for the meeting. There was no point in going back to sleep, the meeting was at 9, so he'd have to wake up in an hour anyway. So he called the nanny and waited for her to come up while laying on the bed staring at Iris. 'She really does have his eyes. And nose too. Just as pretty..', the sound of the door opening startled Sky out of his thoughts. The nanny had come to look over Iris while he took a shower and got ready. That's when he realized where his thoughts were going. He had thought about it quite a few times since Iris was born. But looking at P'Pai yesterday made Sky realize how similar  his and Iris's features were. For some reason the thought made him sad. He quickly tried to brush away these emotions and turned towards the nanny, "look after her till I'm back", he said and got up and walked towards the bathroom.