Chapter 14

Claire

I had just undone the cuffs and i could here a bleeping coming from somewhere so i followed the sound and ended up in the same place i started i looked everywhere then the beeping got faster i thought Myrnin had left the soup cooking... Oh Crap Myrnin he took Myrnin i ran towards the door as the beeping stopped then BANG!! I flew backwards through the air and hit the wall with a thud i became very tired and then i shut my eyes smelling smoke.

Shane

I knocked frantically on the door no answer for the tenth house i knocked at maybe this is what they mean when they say population dead. Other then the fact half of us are blood sucking immortals and i left the love of my life with one bad idea all together. I turned and ran back towards the house which was quickly becoming rubble and ash. I got there and the guy had Myrnin pinned down to the floor with a silver knife in his back. I watched as he pulled out a pen knife and headed for Claire i grabbed the best weapon i could find which was a Stake outta my back pocket then as he bent down to Claire i grabbed him by the collar and shoved the Stake into his leg.

"Ah you stupid little prick" he said falling to the floor in pain his hood and mask had fallen off i took a look at his face and recognised who it was Dan one of the guys who used to go to that vampire martial arts thing he was quiet and i could take him down easily.

"Dan why?" i asked as i pulled Claire's limp body onto my lap i pulled the water out of my satchel then tore a piece of my trouser leg off i soaked it in water and rested it on her head while i checked her pulse.

"You wanna know why Shane? Well you have a super hot girlfriend and everything you could ever want. You treated me like crap so this was my pay back" he said i didn't know what he was doing since i was focused on sorting out Claire then he dived over plunging the knife into my arm i screamed in pain and moved away from Claire i didn't think so her head fell and hit the floor waking her up.

"Sh- shane?" she questioned as i pulled the blade out of my arm. I wrapped the damp cloth around the wound as i pulled Claire to her feet.

A big black car pulled up along with several cop cars i looked at Claire to see she was just as puzzeled as me.

Claire

Amelie got out of the car and walked towards us she looked amused like she had arranged all this wait... Oh no way it has just clicked this is part of the task.

"Well done young ones you have managed to defend yourselves" she said and Shane's jaw dropped.

"Are you telling me that we did it?" he asked and i looked over at Myrnin he was now stood up removing a fake cardboard knife from off his back well i really wasn't expecting this at all.

"Yes Mr Collins and you did a rather fine job along with you of course Claire you will both be granted with the passes you wanted but understand when we say come back do or we will find you and we will bring you back ourselfs" she said and got back into the car wow we had done it i jumped up and down on the spot for a while then hugged Shane.

"We did it" i said as we stood and hugged.

*****************************************************************

Well did you like it? a little twist as the plot thickens? wow i talk a load of crap well this is about half way through so... comment,vote?

jess x

P.s next update either tomorrow night or Saturday night