Chapter 7

Claire

Oh crap now we are for it we got found out by the founder yay there goes our way out but i still don't know why i agreed to go i mean i really don't want to be here to be honest but since i didn't want to leave behind Shane i decided unless Amelie let the both of us leave we would.

"Claire what do you think your doing?" She asked.

"Amelie i'm sick of this sick of having to avoid being attacked by vampires sick of not seeing my parents its not fair" She looked shocked when i said that then Shane took my hand and squeezed it tightly i looked at him and he nodded as if to say argue your point. So i did

"Amelie not everyone is happy here you might be and so was i till i figured out secrets lies and other things. So please just let us leave for our sake and i promise that i will come back if you ask me to" She glanced at me and i saw my reflection in her eyes which were grey. I thought we were winning this battle here but obviously we weren't was we.

"I see your point Claire but can i trust you? I know you deserve a break from everything but"

"But what? but you aren't letting her because she works her ass off for you she manages to work here and get good grades which is better then anything i've ever done" Shane said.

"Very well i see Shane you do not have to argue for her she has a voice of her own you know"

"Yes i do but i know you and i'm almost certain you won't listen at all" He argued back.

"You may go but only for a year but that's once you have done a final task for me"

"What task?" Me and Shane both asked at the same time.

"Jinx" I shouted causing him to smirk.

"Not really the best time for it but whatever" He said a smiled tugging at his lips.

"The task is very complex and requires both skill and trust. It will also require the both of you to be away from one another for a week" She said and i risked a glance at Shane who looked like he was going to cry. It was only a week and that isn't that long really is it?

"Shane are you okay with this because if you aren't we could always stay" i said and he looked at me like i had gone mad.

"Claire are you insane if it means getting you out of here for a year then I'll do it. I'll do anything for you Claire" He said and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

Shane

I saw a tear roll down her cheek so i wiped it away with my thumb and hugged her tightly.

"It's only a week babe don't cry we will be out of this place before you know it" I said and she nodded then sniffed i let her go and she stood very still.

"Amelie what do we have to do?"

"You will be in different places over town and will have to locate certain objects throughout this next week they will be in dangerous places and you might have to risk your life's. And if you don't find all of them then you stay if you do you can leave for a year." She said i looked at Claire. My little Claire she was shaking like a leaf so i put my arm around her shoulders and she stopped then nodded so did i.

"Good you will begin tomorrow this will be the last time you see each other for a week now so i suggest you make it last. And remember that if you fail or die then the other will suffer because you loose focus" She said and then dismissed us. We went through the portal home and when we got in we were met by a pissed off Eve and Michael.

"Where the hell have you been and why is Claire crying?" Eve asked so i sat on the sofa and explained everything we had to do.

Amelie

This idea wasn't my first choice but i wanted to see how powerful their love truely is and if love conquers all as the fairy tales do say. I think i was easy on them and i didn't really want Claire around whilst Naomi was influencing people to do things. Well we will see what will happen tomorrow...

*************************

Hey i haven't updated this in like 4eva but please don't kill me i'm busy with my other story in which i'm currently thinking about a sequel for. any hope you enjoyed it and the task is inspired by my auntie who went orienteering last week with a group of kids at her nursery so yeah :)

jess x