Chapter 10

Shane

I had been talking to everyone downstairs when Amelie announced that i had to get ready for the task to begin.

"Mr Collins please go and get ready for your task and be down here in ten minuets sharp" She demanded so i grabbed my bag and went upstairs to get changed. I pulled out the tracksuit bottoms and the black vest top which i think personally is to tight but i can live with a tight top. I put my hand in my backpack and found a photo of me and Claire standing together in Dallas i slid it into my pocket i am determined to do this to get out of this crummy little town that people actually call home. I got changed and threw on a hoodie along with some trainers there is no way i am getting my new white converse dirty especially since Claire had brought them me for my last birthday as well as the dog tag. I opened the door and found a satchel on the floor with a note onto of it reading 'Shane use this bag to keep in items you might need' so i picked up the bag and put in some stakes, a mini first aid kit, two bottles of energy drink, the picture of me and Claire and i threw in our mini vampire survival kit. Then i took off the necklace and put it inside the bag so i didn't loose it and then i also put in a few bars of chocolate. I threw my phone on the bed since they were band and it was dead as well so there was no point trying to even use it plus she would off blocked the signal. Then i put the bag on and walked down the stairs.

**************************************************

Claire

The car stopped and I climbed out so did Myrnin then the car drove away and we were left to go into the house which was in the middle of nowhere.

"Claire when we get inside go get ready straight away since the task will begin in ten minuets so you have five minuets to get ready now go" he ordered when we walked through the door so i ran up the stairs and into the only room which was en suite of course. I threw my bags n the bed and got changed super fast then i looked in the mirror and i pulled my hair back into a high ponytail then somebody knocked at the door so i walked over and answered it but nobody was there just a bag and a note attached to it so i picked it up in was a white leather satchel i took off the note and read it 'Claire use this bag to keep in items you might need' so i put the bag on the bed and rummaged through my back pack and came out with a little box of survival stuff like first aid kits, food and water stuff like that. So i put it inside the bag then i felt something in the bottom of my bag and i found the picture of me ad Shane together in Dallas i looked at it for a minuet then put the rest of the stuff including the picture and my bracelet into the white satchel along with some things for fighting off vampire attacks like stakes and silver nitrate power. I slung the bag over my shoulder and headed downstairs where Myrnin was stood holding a cross bow and a handful of arrow which i slid inside the white bag and slung the bow so it was over my back then i opened the door and followed the instructions Myrnin gave me and he gave me a list.

"Find five items and you will be able to see Shane but only from a distance understand that i am here as a last resort not to us straight away" He said and then waved as i walked into the forest round the corner first item on the list was...

1. A rotten tooth

2. A leaf from the oldest oak tree

3.Sapphire from the caves

4.A map from the 18th century

5.Blood covered fang

Those are the five items i had to find. I walked further into the woods i had a feeling i was being watched of followed so i took out a arrow and got my bow off my back then i turned on my heal and fired the arrow which hit the person in the arm and they yelped. The they collapsed to the ground in a heap i walked over to see who i was and i was no other then Gina one of Monica's gang typical i pulled the arrow out of her arm.

"You bitch why did you do that?"

"Why did you follow me?"

"I wanted to"

"Well next time don't make me think i'm being attacked by a vampire ok now I gotta run" i said then took off running toward what i believe looked like a skull hidden beneath some leaves which were very slowly rotting away just like the skull. So I picked it up then looked at the teeth which were rotten then i pulled one and i fell out so i slid it into my pocket and for a slight second i felt like Shane was looking at me so i looked towards the oak tree and i saw a figure with shaggy hair and they had a bow on their back like i did i had the urge to shout so i did.

"SHANE!" I shouted really loud and the person turned and looked at me then started moving towards me really fast so i ran towards them.

************

Shane

"SHANE!" i heard somebody call i looked around but all i could see was shadows and faint outlines then i saw a figure running towards me so on instinct i hid just in case. I climbed up a tree and watch this girl run past i looked at her wait that was Claire or am i just seeing things so i climbed down the tree and looked at the list i had figured i was seeing things and i just carried on walking towards the shack which had a light on inside this had to have a spoon inside.

**************************************************************************************

Yes its the 3rd i know and they nearly found one another :O but this is only day one of seven muhaha updates this week i promise

jess x