E. 3

[Same Night - Hospital]

*Paris P.O.V*

Me and Jacob walked hand in hand on our way to Chres's room. I told him that if he didn't remember anything he'd probably wouldn't remember us holding hands once we got in.

As we stepped inside I saw Chres's parents and his cousin. I spoke and sat on the chair the hospital provided, and waited until his parents were done speaking to him. He looked so fine with his smile and the facial hair that had grown on him.

"I'll give you guys some time to talk." Mrs. August said grabbing a hold on Mr.August's hand walking out to the room with his cousin behind them. I walked over to Chres and rubbed my fingers through his soft curly hair as he looked up at me. I smiled as a tear drop landed on his forehead.

I guess he didn't feel it, because he was so busy staring at me. "Hey Chres" I said and he just kept staring. "You don't remember your name?" I said and he nodded. "Well it's Chresanto August, but everyone calls you Chres." I said giving him slight smile as Jacob came near. "Wassup brudda. I'm your main man since we were little." Jacob said trying to give him dap, but Chres threw his hands back down on the sides of his bed.

"Chres can you speak? Say hello anything?"I said placing my hand on his forehead. "Hello." He said calmly. "That's better, do you remember me? I was your girlfriend, Paris." I said and he gave me a look of confusion. "Paris?" he repeated and I smiled. "Yes! Yes! You remember me? Paris Jackson?" I said hugging him, but he didn't hug back.

"No, I'm sorry I don't remember. You said you were my girlfriend?" He asked looking up at me shifting his left eyebrow up keeping his right eyebrow down.

"Yes, I used to be." I said in a sigh.

"What happen? Did I break up with you?" He asked and my heart started to race. "No-no we just fell off." I lied.

I couldn't tell Chres I left him, because I knew what was best. "Oh okay, Who's he?" He asked looking over to Jacob. "He told you, he's your best friend since elementary school."

"Oh okay." He said kind of dramatically and I sighed falling on to his chest. "This would've never happened if I would've just let you drive." I said as the tears started to flow.

I felt his hand rub against my back and I started to smile. "Whatever happen. It's okay now, Clarie." He said I popped up from out of his hold. "Clarie?" I asked in confusion. "You said that was your name right?" He asked staring me in to my eyes.

"No no, It's Paris." I said in a chuckle. "Oh okay."

Just then the doctor came in and told us that we had to leave while they ran some tests on him. "Alright Chres I'll come visit you later okay?" I said rubbing his head and he nodded.

Jacob grabbed my hands locking it on to his and we made our way out of the hospital.

"Home baby?" He asked opening up the car door for me. "No I want to kick it with you for a while if that's okay." I said and he nodded shutting the door making his way to the other side.

"You okay right?" He asked coming in and shutting the door, applying his seat belt. "Yeah I'm fine." I said lowly.

"See I'd believe you, but I know you Paris." He said and I sighed knowing that no matter how hard I tried he would always try and get things out of me.

"Okay I'm not fine, It hurts me knowing that he doesn't remember me, you know?" I said staring out of the window.

"Look at me Paris," Jacob said turning my head towards him with his hand, "Everything will get better and he'll remember you. Just have faith and your questions will get answered, okay?" He said staring in to me.