Chapter 13 - acceptance

It has been about a week. I don't remember much but I do remember Lucifer was gone. I open my eyes. The light burning them. I try to swallow but my throat was dry I start to cough. Sam rushed into the infirmary,

"Y/n! Your awake!"

He rushed over to me giving me a hug I wince at the pain. He backs off mouthing I'm sorry. I smile at him but begin to cough again. He goes to grab me some water.

"Here drink up."

I down the water finally being able to speak.

"What happened?"

"Well you were thrown into a wall twice, Lucifer was put back in the cage and Cass punched Dean."

"Wait my dad punched Dean why?"

"Umm Dean should explain that to you."

I nod my head in agreement. I sent the glass of water down and begin to try and get off the bed.

"Wait y/n let me help you."

Sam reaches out I grab his arm he helps pull me out of bed. I was standing there by myself for a second before my leg gives out and I begin to fall over. Sam catches me his grip on me strong, if someone where to walk in people would think we were together. A flash of pink washed over his face.

He began to pull me back up only to see Dean standing in the door way

He began to pull me back up only to see Dean standing in the door way. His face was filled with relief but also anger and jealousy. Without saying a word he walks away.

"Sam what was that about?"

"I'm not sure y/n let me go find out."

With that he sets me back down on the bed and heads out after dean.

***
Deans pov

I heard talking it sounded like y/n voice, I rush to the infirmary and my eyes betray me. I see Sam holding y/n. He was looking at her like he was going to kiss her. He pulls her up and looks at me. I can't believe it. I storm away.

"Dean! DEAN!"

"What Sam!"

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know you tell me Sam, how's y/n?" My voice was cold and rigid.

"What? Dean what's gotten into you."

"You were holding onto y/n like you had feelings for her, is that the real reason you told me I can't be with her? Because you want her for yourself?"

"What no Dean, I was helping her out of bed and she began to fall all I did was catch her."

I felt idiotic, I was still losing my mind from this girl. I nod at Sam and walk back to the infirmary .
There she was just sitting there as pretty as ever. But I couldn't love her, I couldn't tell her. I had to let her go. I will be too dangerous for her to stay here. I can't see her get hurt again.

"How are you y/n?"

***
Y/n pov

It was the first time Dean has really talked to me in weeks. I was surprised.

"I'm okay a bit sore but okay, how are you?"

"I'm fine, it's good your in the mend, the sooner you heal the sooner you can head home."

The words stung as I heard them, Dean wanted me to go. All my suspicions were confirmed then. He had no feelings for me. I was a one night stand and I need to move on. I nod my head. And with that he gets up to leave. He doesn't look back not once.

***
Deans pov

As I walk away I refuse to look back not because I want to be believable but because I can't let her see the tears rolling down my face and if I look at her I will run to her arms.

***Y/n pov

***
Y/n pov

It has been a few days I was fully healed and ready to leave. I couldn't stand to be in the same place as Dean. I tell Sam that I will be leaving today that I need to go home. He understands. I head to my room and begin to back my things. Cass takes any items I can't fit on my bike and transports them to the apartment he found for me. I grab the rest of my belongings. It was time for me to say goodbye. I find Sam in the library.

"Hey I'm headed out I just wanted to say goodbye."

"I'm going to miss you bestie, if you ever need help call okay."

Sam gives me a big hug. I kiss him on the cheek before asking him if he knew were Dean was.

"The kitchen I think."

I make my way to the kitchen Dean was sitting at the table drinking a beer. I walk to him.

"Dean I'm leaving, I'm heading out now."

He looks up at me saddens in his eyes.

"I see, well I hope the best for you."

I nod my head and was about to walk out when I turned around and hugged him instead. It was different from the hug Sam and I shared. This one was longer and meant more. His arms tightened a bit around my body before I pulled away to leave. I take one last look at the bunker before heading out.

On the road I was sad and hurt but I also felt free, I had accepted the way of things between Dean and I and I was on the mend. I fly down the road headed for new beginnings.

 I fly down the road headed for new beginnings