Chapter 11

Alex's pov:

"Okay, guys. Let's make this power formation work!" Danny instructed us.

It was another normal day practising except this dude Spike was with us today.

"Hut one. Hut two!" Junior shouted. Then he ran and bumped into Spike and they fell on the ground.

"You call this a team?" Spike asked Danny fuming as he got up.

"Hey, pretty boy," he said to Junior.

"when you hand off to Spike...put it here. Boom!"

"And you, fat lineman!" He said to Rudy

"Get your jellyrolls out of Spike's way unless you want cleat marks up your fat back!"

"I had enough with your shit dude!" I shouted at him and walked towards him.

"Can you for once in your miserable life shut the hell up? Who do you think you are huh?" I said and took a step towards him.

"You think you're tough? You think you're better than everybody else? Well let me enlight you my friend. You're nothing. You're just a boy who was controlled his whole life by his dad. So why don't you go with your daddy and leave us the hell alone?!" I shouted at him and shoved him back.

Then a familiar red car appeared. Dad.

"Spike!" An unknown man shouted. "Come get in the car, son!" He finished.

"Oh that's the infamous dad? Well his barber has amazing humor!" I said.

"What's going on?" Becky asked her dad.

"Oh, no" Danny muttered to himself.

"You're a Cowboy now" Spike's dad said and showed him his new jersey.

"Thank you, football god!" Spike said.

"So you're a Heisman Trophy winner?" Spike's dad said sarcastically.

"I said I was Coach O'Shea, not Kevin" Danny said.

"You must think you're pretty slick, huh?" Kevin asked his brother.

"I can't wait till tomorrow. One more day, baby!" Spike's dad continues shouting.

"Chill your tits man!" I shouted at him. He just glared at me. Asshole.

"Great. Now the other guys have Spike" they all started saying.

"We got nothing"

"We got us"

"Yeah, we stink!"

"Because you can't catch"

"At least he can walk"

"Hey, Zolteck, have another Pop-Tart"

"Or can't you open your mouth wide enough?'

"Come on, that's enough" i said to them trying to stop the chaos.

"Yeah, Alex is right. Break it up" Junior sakd.

"Shut up, Junior. You're so good it makes us sick!"

"Hey, you don't want me to play? No problemo. I'm out of here" he said and started to walk away.

"If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even have a team!" I said to all of them.

"If it wasn't for him, maybe you'd stop drooling and play a little more football!"

"Yeah, he's right!"

"Hey you shut up okay before i break your finger and shove it down your ass!" I shouted.

"Why can't we all play together?"

"Oh, shut up, dipstick! You're probably he main reason Spike quit"

"Yeah, quit bawling, you big baby!"

"I can cry if I want. It's a free country!"

They all started to walk away.

"Hey, guys, practice isn't over yet!" Danny said.

"Who cares?" They all shouted angrily at the same time.

"Hey guys?" I said trying to get the attention of Becky and her dad.

"Yeah?" They said at the same time and turned to look at me.

"So uh, I'm going home today. I just wanted to say thank you for having me. I didn't want to intrude or something I'm just like really thankful for-"

"Hey hey it's okay Lexi we're more than happy that you stayed with us" uncle Dan said to me and hugged me.

"Thank you so much. Mind giving me ride home?"

"Sure pumpkin"