Chapter 4

Alex's pov:

I was doing my homework when suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Alex Becky's here!" Debbie shouted.

I rushed downstairs and saw Becky standing there with Hanon, Rudy and Tad.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked curiously.

"So i know you love football as much i do and i know that you didn't have the chance to show it so we decided that we can create our own team and have a playoff against your dad's team and show them tha-" Becky started ti ramble.

"Hey hey hey slow down catch your breath" i said to her. "so you're telling me that.. you're creating a team to beat my dad"

"Yes" she confirmed.

"And you came here because you want me to join you?"

"Uh yeah?"

They all looked at me waiting for my answer.

"Hell yeah!" I said excitedly.

Everyone looked shocked for a second but cheered anyways.

"Your serious?" Becky asked. I placed my hands on her shoulder and looked at her.

"100% sure"
..................................................................................

"Where are we gonna find anybody for the team?" I asked them as we made our way around the town.

"Someone who's good, not at basketball, but like..." She started to explain.

We stopped when we saw a kid kicking a ball straight to a window.

"Nothing but glass" he said proudly.

"You want to play football?" Becky asked him and we made our way to him.
..................................................................................

As we were walking around we noticed a kid sitting alone in the porch of his house.

I looked at Becky and she nodded.

"What about him?" Tad asked us.

"Hey!" I shouted at his direction.
..................................................................................

After our little hunt we went back to the "warehouse" because Danny wanted to show us something.

"Merry Christmas, everybody" he said as he emptied a big box full of old football equipment.

"Look at this shit" i said slightly impressed.

"There's more stuff over here" Danny said to me.

"Give me a hand" he said to me again.

"Alright" i said and went to help him.

"Some of these are antiques" he said to the boys.

"Guys, a lot of this equipment has been used before" he said. Just then a young woman walked in with her son i think right behind her.

"It's a mom!" Everyone shouted and ran around trying to hide.

I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me, coach? Hi, Mr. O'Shea. I'm Cheryl Berman. I'm sorry Jake's late, but I took him to see Dr. Harding. He sneezed three times this morning and had me worried. You can't be too cautious. We never thought we'd have children, not after 13 years. It was me. When I got pregnant the doctor ordered me to bed. I spent nine miserable months on my back. If I'd rolled over, I could've lost him. And the birth, God only knows the pain. He weighed only 1 pound, 11 ounces. He spent six weeks in an incubator. And I think football is just the medicine for him"