Chapter 3

Third person's pov:

"We're down by six points. It's third and goal, two seconds left" Kevin started to tell the three man sitting opposite him.

"I've been hit so many times I can't see. I'm busted up. I'm bleeding" he continued telling them the story dramatically.

"I'm so bruised I look like a code blue"

"Two seconds? Thought it was four" the one man said thinking.

"Swore it was three" the other one said.

"Believe me. It was two seconds" Kevin assured them.

"Now the crowd in the stadium is going nuts. All eyes are on me. I know-"

"Howdy, gents" the mayor interrupted Kevin.

"Already voted, mayor" the one man joked.

"O'Shea, I got my tail in a trap. We gotta talk" he said to Kevin and motioned him to follow.

"Excuse me, boys. A little peewee business" Kevin said and stood up following the mayor.

"What?" Kevin asked when he sat down with the mayor.

"I got Urbania in the Pop Warner league by telling everybody... ...that the great Kevin O'Shea was gonna be coaching" the mayor started to explain.

"yeah? And?" Kevin asked confused.

"I just got a phone call" the mayor said and looked down. "It seems there's two teams in this town" he finished.

"Who's coaching the other one?" Kevin asked quickly slight in shock.

"Hey, fellas. Good morning, Louise" Danny entered just then.

"Dad" Becky said running to her dad after she saw the expression on Kevin's face.

"Hi" Danny said clearly not knowing what's happening.

"I gotta tell you something. Me and the guys, we're forming our own football team. Love you a lot" she said quickly and ran out and looked through the glass door.

Kevin walked to his younger brother furious.

"Where do you come off trying to put together a team?"he said to Danny.

"I mean, what makes you think that you could coach football?" He continued insulting him.

"I just heard about this-" Danny tried to explain.

"I don't want to hear it" Kevin interrupted.

Danny tried to explain again but Kevin wasn't having it apparently.

"No, Danny. You can't coach football. Hell, you couldn't even play!" Kevin said to his face.

"Whose fault was that?" Danny stroked back.

"It wasn't my fault" Kevin defended his self.

"Who said life was fair? Some of us run for touchdowns...some of us run the projector" Kevin said again shrugging.

"I ran the class projector!" Danny said.

"I'm sure you were a great projectionist. Danny, listen, guys like you and kids like that..." He said trying to sound kind.

"They can't help that they're no good, but they learn things. I mean they invent things. They win Nobel Prizes" he tried to explain.

"Einstein. Could he catch?" He asked.

"Did anybody care? No" he continued.

Danny looked around a little bit annoyed trying to understand his brother logic. He wanted to help those kids. His daughter. He wanted to make her dream of playing football come true.

"Danny, listen to me. Listen to me" Kevin said catching his brother's attention.

"These things that you do with the kids, they're great. I think they're admirable"

"You want to start a chess club, a little nature walk class? This is fine" Kevin said with a smile.

"So let me get this straight" Danny started to say.

"It's okay with you if I do something with the kids?" He asked.

"Sure" Kevin answered straight away.

"But not football" Danny finished.

"Exactly" Kevin said happily his brother understood him.

"I knew you'd see it my way" he said and started to head out.

"No, I don't" Danny said and turned around to look at him.

"Pardon me?" Kevin said slightly shocked.

"I don't see it your way. I've really never seen it your way. I hate your way" Danny finally stood up to his brother.

"Now what's gotten into you?"

"I'll tell you. You've gotten into me, and I'm sick of it. We're forming our own team" he said proudly and looked at his daughter who was standing outside with the biggest smile.

"League rules state: One town. One team" Kevin tried to reasoned. "You can't have two".

"Have a playoff" the man from before offered.

"That's a great idea, Wilbur!" The other one next to him agreed.

"How about it, fellas?"

"How about it?" Danny asked his older brother.

"Two Saturdays from today, meet me at half-court" Danny said.

"It's the 50-yard line, Dad" Becky shouted correcting her dad.

"Danny...you don't stand a chance" Kevin said trying to get his brother out of it.

"We just want to play" Danny answered with a smirk. And with that he walked out.