Chapter 7

Third person's pov:

"I'm on a roll, huh?" Kevin said to his  wife.

"Last night, I go out the window. Today, I'm arrested..handcuffed, humiliated. My own brother! And the worst of all? Finding out that my daughter is training with them to go against me!"

"lmagine how I feel married to a peeping Tom" Karen joked around. "And you have no right to be mad at Alex for wanting to play football! It's not her fault!"

"I will get him back!" Kevin said.

"This could've been avoided if you'd just formed one team!" Karen said.

"Don't you understand that the people of this town expect me to win? Nobody buys a Chevy from a loser!" He said to his wife trying to make sense.

"Honey, this is peewee football. Remember?it's supposed to be fun!" She said.

"It's not fun anymore" he said back.

"See, now it's war!" Kevin said. "I'm gonna have a little chat with out daughter" he said and went to his older daughter's room.

She was sitting on her bed reading a magazine again and when Kevin slammed the door she looked up confused and shocked.

"What are you doing? Couldn't you just knock?" She asked her dad.

"What are you doing huh?" He asked her furiously.

"What am i doing?" She said sarcastically and stood up from her bed and went near her father.

"Joining Danny's team. Going behind my back. How could you?!" He yelled.

"Dad are you serious right now? It's not world war its peewee football for god's sake! I can join any team i want!" She shouted back.

"Not my brother's!"

"Why? Cause he's better than you?"

"Yea as if! Just tell me a reason why you did that? One reason. One!" He yelled trying to understand his daughter.

"Oh you want to know? I will gladly tell you!" She told him ready to take everything out.
"I always loved football but you never gave me a chance to show it! All the time telling me to act more like Debbie playing with dolls and shit. Well i don't like dolls! I like football and skateboarding and other shit but you never asked me!" She yelled.

"When Becky asked me if i wanted to join i said yes because they actually gave me a chance to play football without criticizing me just because I'm a girl and stuff. They accepted me. Did you ever wondered why i came home late those days?" She asked.

"No! Because you don't give a shit! But if i was Debbie you would. I'm sure you would! I'm sorry that I'm not like Debbie. I'm sorry for not liking dolls and stuff. And I'm sorry that you found out this way. But I'm not sorry for joining their team" she said and tears filled her whole face.

"Is it so hard for you and mom to just pay attention to me? Or like ask me how my day was or where i was or anything i don't know!" She cried.

She was so done. She felt so relieved at the same time that she told everything.

She couldn't stand there so she grabbed her phone and head out.

"Hey hey where are you going!?" Her dad asked as he followed her downstairs.

"Out!" She shouted and slammed the door.

She quickly called the only person she trusted the most.

"Hey Lexi what's up?" The voice of her cousin was heard.

"Can i crash at yours for tonight?" She asked while sniffing.

"Yeah of course. Hey is everything alright?" Becky asked concerned about her cousin.

"I will tell you everything when i come" and with that she hang up the phone and started her journey.