Chapter 10.

Izuku pov

I stretched my arms after cleaning the last glass and looked at the clock. 11:46pm. Being a bartender isn't as hard as I thought. Of course I still need to learn how to make drinks and I have still a lot of time left from my shift. Rody said we're free to go at 5am, that's when the bar closes.

"hey Izu I'm gonna take a break now will you be fine by yourself?" Rody asked taking off his apron.

"of course!" I said smiling. He already teached me a few simple drinks, if someone orders something more complicated..well I'll call Rody then.

I rested my elbow on the counter, waiting for a new customer as I kept an eye in the others, making sure they don't start a fight.

Everything seemed to be fine, until I felt a..tap on my head? I turned around to see a tall black haired male who just took his hand off of my head. "u-um do I know you?" I asked nervously, then I noticed his apron. Is he Makoto?

"sorry little guy! My name is Makoto and I work here. Are you new?" he asked giving me his hand to shake. 'Little guy'? Seriously?

"I'm Izuku and this is my first day here." I said as I shook his hand. "oh you're Japanese too?!" he asked with shiny eyes. "y-yeah.." I said nervously.

"oi sluts I'm waiting here since fucking years to order." a grumpy man said, sitting next to the counter. Crap I didn't notice. "call us 'sluts' again and I'll make sure to get your ass banned from this place. What would ya like?" Makoto asked. Well that was..weird. Is this how you treat people in a bar? Why did he call me a slut? That's not nice..

I watched him serve the rude customer, after he got his drink he walked away, giving us a death stare. "sorry about that, if you work here you better get used to rude ass people like him." he said walking back to me.

"soo Izuku what brings you here to Otheon?" I can't tell him that I ran away.. It's too risky. "I-I moved here to my best friend a few days ago.." "aww I'm your best friend?" I heard a familiar voice. As I looked to the side I saw Rody coming back from his break.

"u-umm-" I started but got cut off by Makoto. "the fuck Rody why did you never tell me about him?! He's such a sweetie pie and he's from Japan!" he said. "you're not my best friend, I'm not supposed to tell you everything." Rody said rolling his eyes.

"hey Izu how about I teach you how to to make cocktails today? We don't have much customers right now and we have plenty of time." Rody asked. "sure, that's a good idea!" I said smiling. I'm honestly excited about this, being a bartender is so cool!

"I'll serve until you teach him, but don't take too long." Makoto said to Rody as he nodded. "thanks dude, Izu come here." he said walking in to the other side of the counter which was empty.

He grabbed a few bottles and ingredients from a small cabinet.

"okay let's start!"

Time skip because the author doesn't know shit about making cocktails<3

"got it? It's okay if it was too much for today we can do a litte revise later on." he said. He's so kind to me.. What did I do to deserve this?

"it's okay I get it, thank you so much!" I said with a smile. "we should go back to the front, we took a while and Makoto probably wants his break by now." he said walking back to his now grumpy friend.

"you took hella long." he said yawning. "I'll be off for a break, cya." he said as he walked to the private rooms. "wait Izu you didn't even take a break yet." Rody said. "well yeah- but I'm not tired I don't need a break." I said as I headed to the next customer.

"what would you like sir?" I asked the man. "give me a Martini with three olives." he said. Okay. Let's pray I don't mess it up.

After I was done I handed him the glass of Martini and watched him anxiously as he took a sip. Please tell me I didn't mess it up.. "ugh yeah that's what I needed today." he said walking away.

I mean that doesn't mean it's bad, we can say I did pretty good! He didn't criticize it or anything.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Rody resting his hand on my shoulder as he was smiling at me. I felt my face heat up again.. "you learn fast. You did a great job but next time you could put a bit more gin in it." he said with a smile.

I let out a small yawn, covering my mouth to stay polite. I'm kinda sleepy, I didn't sleep much since the plane ride.

"you sure you don't want to rest?" Rody asked. "nono I really don't need." I said. 'I can't be useless like mom said.. I'm going to prove her that I'm not. Or am I..? No way-' "Izu you're mumbling.." Rody said cutting off my thoughts. Well, I thought they were only thoughts.

"o-oh sorry!" I said nervously. "please don't ever think that you are useless and that bitch of a mom is lying to you." he said. "I guess you're right.." I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

"are you tired?" he asked, washing a glass. "a little bit but I'll be okay." I said with a smile. "are you sure? You're allowed to take 30 minutes break in your shift, you can go rest anytime. Just make sure not to take more than 30 minutes.." Rody said as he dried the glass with a rag.

"I don't need it, I'll rest when we get back to your apartment." I said still smiling as he gave me a worried look. "if you say so." he said.

"what can I get you?" I asked the lady who just came up to the counter.

Time skip cause why not/Rody pov

"ready to go?" I asked Izuku as I took my apron off, hanging it on the staff clothes peg.

I waited for an answer from him which I did get. "Izu?" I called his name, looking around. I noticed a green fluff beside the counter. I walked up to him only to see that he's sleeping on the floor with his back against the bar counter.

I couldn't help but smile. Only a little tired yeah? I walked up to him and gently shook his shoulder. Do I seriously need to carry him? I don't really wanna wake him up tho.. He looks so peaceful.

I sighed walking to the private rooms. "Makoto!" I called out his name as he walked out of the changing room. "what?" he asked, putting his backpack on half shoulder.

"okay Izuku fell asleep and I don't wanna wake him up, can you help me to put him on my back so I can carry him home?" I asked, slightly embarrassed. "aww that's so cute~ sure thing bro but he better not be heavy." he said making his way to the counter.

"his weight is literally around a child's so that won't be a problem." I said as I walked up to him and took off his apron.

Makoto carefully picked Izu up and put him on my back. "his weight is really like a child's. No wonder, he's kinda small." he said with a laughter. "yeah, don't mention that to him because he might kill you." I said. Of course he wouldn't do that, but he really could kill someone by the way he looked at me last time I mentioned his height..

"Thanks bro, see you tonight." I said as I walked out. It's already 5am and work starts at 7pm so I don't usually have much time. Luckily I only have to work 4 days a week but I can work more if I want more money. That's exactly what I did to afford an apartment.

_________________________

A/n: okay this sucks 👌