Chapter 9.

Izuku pov

That's amazing!! I'll be able to earn money and I don't have to waste time by looking for jobs and.. I can be with Rody.

It's weird.. Since I'm here in Otheon not a single bad thing happened to me.

"let's go then." he said as he walked out of the kitchen. "wa- right now?!" I asked as I stood up and followed him. "yeah, I don't want to be late and you might have your first work tonight." he said with a smile.

Well that was fast- I just got a job in 2 minutes. I followed Rody to the door to see him taking on a jacket. That reminds me- I only brought hoodies. Okay well I should get ready for freezing to death. I thought as I sighed and put my shoes on.

"let's g- what the hell you're planning on freezing to death or you have a new warming up quirk?" he asked as I responded with an eye roll. "I left my jacket in Japan." I mumbled as he sighed, taking out a jacket from the cabinet and giving it to me. "keep it, it's too small for me anyway." he said with a slight chuckle.

"uh thanks-" I said taking it on. Woah- it's incredibly comfortable and it's exactly my size!

"You can also wear this." he said throwing a red knitted hat at me. "t-thank you" now why the heck am I stuttering. I thought as I sighed and put it on my head.

"alright let's go!" I said smiling as I heard him chuckle a bit. "what now?" I asked as we left the apartment. "you just look..cute in my clothes." I what?! Holy crap he just called me cute?! Oh my God I'm going to die right now!

"I-I mean not like that! Holy shit that came out so misunderstandable.." he scoffed in defeat with red cheeks. "i-it's okay it's not that awkward!" I said nervously as I felt my face heat up a little bit.

3rd person pov

The rest of the way to the bar was filled with awkward silence. Both of the boys minds were full of thoughts. They both were fighting the urge to talk to each other but ended up staying silent, not wanting things to get more awkward.

When they got to the door of the bar, the greenette finally decided to speak up. "n-now that I think of it I've never been to a bar.. Isn't it dangerous or something?" he asked nervously.

"not at all. Of course there are small fights sometimes and weird people but you're good at fighting and you can protect yourself if needed. Right?" Rody asked looking at the smaller male as they entered the empty bar.

"r-right!" Izuku said, not trusting his own fighting skills.

"Rody Soul what did I tell you about bringing your little 'guests'." his boss asked. He was tall, had long blue hair tied up in a bun, glasses and a big scar under his right eye. He kinda reminded Izuku of Shigaraki, but with tied up hair.

"he's not a guest, he's my friend and he's looking for a job. He can work here right?" The brunette asked putting his hands on his waist. "oh. Well we're looking for a new bartender anyway.. Sure I guess. He can start tonight." the oldest male said fixing his glasses as he took a look at the greenette.

"t-thank you very much sir!" Izuku said bowing down. "what's with the bowing- did you come from the 60's?" he asked. "I-I- no sir! I came from Japan and it's kind of a tradition for us to bow when saying thank you to someone." the greenette said.

"ah I see.. What's your name?" the boss asked. "Izuku Midoriya." he said confidently. "okay so Miro- Midoriya do you want to start today?" he asked.

"why does he have a decision if I don't?!" the brunette pouted. "because he's new here and he didn't steal our whiskey like you did." he said giving Rody a death stare as the brown haired boy crossed his arms.

"um y-yeah I'll start today." Izuku said nervously. "great. Today your only job will be to wash dishes and serve drinks to the customers. Tomorrow Rody will teach you how to make cocktails and other drinks." the blue haired man said handing Izuku a black apron which had the logo of the bar on it.

"alright sir!" he said smiling. "Rody show him around and tell him the rules, I'll be in my office." the boss said as he walked off.

"soo I don't know- there aren't much things to show around here. You can see the restroom sign, well that's the restroom- you clearly see the bar counter and the private rooms are in the back but you don't have to go there. Come, I'll quickly tell the rules before we open." Rody said as he took on an apron and walked behind the bar counter as Izuku followed him.

"okay there aren't many rules but you have to take them very seriously. Ask if something isn't clear." he said as the greenette nodded, listening carefully. "okay rule number one: you can't say no to a customer's order but I think that's obvious.

Rule number two: you cannot start a fight with anyone, but for you I don't think that will be a problem.

Rule number three: if the customer starts a fight you can fight back, but only to the extent that they're unable to fight back. If they're sent to hospital you get fired. Also if the fight is between two customers you must stop them.

And the last and most important rule: you can't talk anyone about the secret missions we're doing here. Got it?" Rody asked as Izuku just started at him, processing the information he just heard. "okay I think I got it, I don't have any questions." he said smiling as Rody gave him a head pat. The greenette couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up a little bit.

"a-also where's Pino?" he asked. "oh I'm not allowed to bring him to work so I always leave him at home." Rody said, putting different bottles of alcohol on the smaller counter which he made the drinks on.

"oh I have one question.." the greenette said. "and that is?" "well uh.. How's this mission thing?" he asked. "well I'm not supposed to talk about it but since you already know about it it doesn't matter. The boss you met just now, his name is Alex and he's a mafia leader but I guess anyone could guess that based on his..looks. He only sends us to smaller missions like robbing a bank or capturing a rival. We only call him boss here, you should do that too if you don't want him to get pissed." Rody said.

"oh.. Alright thanks for the info!" the greenette said with a wide smile. "one more thing, Don't mind if you see a black haired bartender here, he's from Japan too. His name is Makoto and he usually starts his shift around 1am since it's a big crowd here that time. He's mostly nice but he can be an ass sometimes." he said as he took out his phone checking the time.

"alright.." Izuku said, still processing the info. "okay it's time to open up!" Rody said walking to the door as he switched the hanging sing on the door to 'open'. "don't worry I'll give you more instructions while you're working." the brunette said.

Just like that, Izuku's first night as a bartender started.