Arrested

"Well that went poorly." Bob says as the group is riding in a van.

"Dad this is probably not the best time to tell you about this... but something else happened today with a kid... and my mask..."Violet says nervously as she tells Bob what happened before the group gets outside of the van at a hotel while Alexis waits with the others while Bob and Helen talk to Rick.

*Timeskip*

"Did you wash your hands? With soap? Did you dry them?" Violet asks as Dash runs back and forth from the table before eating an egg roll while glaring at Violet.

"You okay?" Dash asks as he notices Alexis is worriedly looking at her phone.

"Yeah I'm just worried about my mom and dad. They sent me a really weird text earlier. Just said to stay with you guys for a little while." Alexis says as she sighs.

"But you're always hanging around me." Dash says confusedly.

"I know but still. It's just unsettling. My mom wouldn't even say why. Just to stay with you guys for the time being." Alexis says as she looks at Dash.

"I'm sure it's okay Alexis. Maybe she's just wanting you to stay with us right now because of today. She probably thinks it'll be safer for the moment." Violet says as Alexis looks at her.

"Yeah." Alexis says as she puts her phone away before Dash looks in one of the food containers.

"What?! Is this all vegetables? Who ordered all vegetables?!" Dash asks angrily as he holds the container.

"I did. They're good and you're going to have some." Helen says as she puts some vegetables on Dash's plate.

"Are we going to talk about it?" Violet asks.

"What?" Bob asks while eating.

"The elephant in the room." Violet says as she looks at Bob.

"What elephant?" Bob asks confusedly.

"I guess not then." Violet says as she shrugs.

"You're referring to today." Helen says as she looks at Violet.

"Yeah what's the deal with today?" Dash asks.

"We all made mistakes. For example you kids were supposed to watch Jack-Jack." Helen says as she looks at the kids.

"Babysitting while you guys did the important stuff." Violet says while picking at her food.

"We talked about this. You're not old enough to decide about these things." Helen says as she looks at Violet.

"We are old enough to help out." Violet says as she looks at Helen.

"Yeah! Isn't that what you tell us Dad? I mean Alexis you have to feel the same we do." Dash says as he looks at Alexis.

"Don't bring me into it. Not my parents so I don't have a say in this.. but I do think after what's already happened we have proven to be able to handle ourselves." Alexis says.

"See? My girlfriend agrees." Dash says.

"Yeah, well, "help out" can mean many different things." Bob says nervously.

"But we're supposed to help if there's trouble." Violet says as she looks at Bob.

"Well yeah but..." Bob says as he tries to eat.

"Aren't you glad we helped today?" Violet asks.

"Yeah I know but..." Bob says.

"You said that you were proud of us." Violet says.

"Well yeah I was. And-" Bob then gets cut off by Dash.

"We wanna fight bad guys!" Dash shouts.

"No you don't!" Helen shouts.

"You said things were different now?" Violet asks as she looks at Helen.

"And they were... on the island. But I didn't mean that from now on..." Helen says sternly.

"So now we've gotta go back to never using our powers." Violet says angrily.

"It defines who I am." Dash says as he gives a serious look causing Alexis to smile at him while blushing slightly.

"We're not saying you have... What?" Bob asks as he looks at Dash.

"Someone on TV said it when I was watching TV with him." Alexis says as she looks at Bob.

"Can we just eat the dinner while it's hot?" Helen asks.

"Did we do something wrong?" Dash asks as Bob and Helen shout yes and no.

"We didn't do anything wrong." Bob says.

"Superheroes are illegal. Whether it's fair or not that's the law." Helen says angrily as she looks at Bob.

"The law should be fair. What are we teaching our kids?" Bob asks.

"To respect the law!" Helen shouts.

"Even when the law is disrespectful?!" Bob asks angrily.

"If laws are unjust there are laws to change them! Otherwise it's chaos!" Helen shouts angrily.

"Which is exactly what we have!" Bob shouts as Helen slams the table before Bob goes back to eating.

"I just thought it was kinda cool." Violet says as Helen looks at her.

"What was?" Helen asks curiously.

"Fighting crime as a family." Violet says.

"I thought it was too. I may not be family but I got fight alongside my best friend and his family. I got to bring out the side of me I haven't brought out in a long time." Alexis says as she smiles at Dash who smiles back.

"It was cool. But it's over. The world is what it is. We have to adapt." Helen says.

"Are thing's... bad?" Dash asks.

"Things are fine." Helen says reassuringly.

"May I be excused?" Dash asks as he eat faster before grabbing Alexis and running over to TV.

"How much longer in the motel Dad?" Violet asks as she stands up.

"Uh..." Bob says unsurely.

"Not much longer honey." Helen says reassuringly.

*Timeskip*

"Where are you going?" Violet asks as Helen kisses Dash while she and Bob head towards the door wearing coats.

"The fresh air is especially good tonight." Bob says happily.

"If Jack-Jack wakes up..." Helen says.

"I know the drill." Violet says as Bob and Helen leave.