Shelter

"I think... your father is in trouble." Helen says as the group is sitting inside a cave they found after reaching land.

"If you haven't noticed mom we're not doing so hot either." Violet says.

"Yeah. I wouldn't exactly call our arrival subtle." Alexis says as she looks at Helen.

"I'm going to look for him. And that means you're in charge until I get back Violet." Helen says as she gets up.

"What?!" Dash asks angrily.

"You heard her." Violet says as she smiles and looks at Dash.

"Put these on. Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it. Alexis do you by chance have a mask or something you can wear with your clothes?" Helen asks as she hands Dash and Violet masks.

"These clothes were given to me by my adoptive mom. Luckily she thought of that. It only goes up to my nose though." Alexis says as she pulls a mask over her mouth and nose.

"It'll work. And if anything goes wrong use your powers." Helen says.

"But you said never to use..." Violet then gets cut off by Helen.

"I know what I said! Remember the bad guys on those shows you used to watch on Saturday mornings? Well these guys are not like those guys. They won't exercise restraint because you're children. They will kill you if they get the chance. Do not give them that chance." Helen says sternly.

"Mom?" Violet asks worriedly.

"Vi I'm counting on you." Helen says as she looks at Violet.

"There's something I..." Violet then gets cut off by Helen.

"I'm counting on you. Be strong. Dash, if anything goes wrong, I want you to run as fast as you can." Helen says as she looks at Dash.

"As fast as I can?" Dash asks happily.

"As fast as you can. Alexis if anything happens I want you to let that beautiful wild side of yours out. Show them just exactly what a wolf like you can do. Now stay hidden. Keep each other safe. I'll be back by morning." Helen says before leaving.

*Timeskip*

"Well not that this isn't fun but I'm gonna go look around." Dash says as he gets up while Violet is making forcefields around the fire and Alexis is making little snowflakes with her hand.

"What do you think is going on here? You think we're on vacation or something? Mom and Dad's lives could be in jeopardy. Or worse their marriage." Violet says as Dash looks at her.

"Their marriage? So the bad guys are trying to wreck Mom and Dad's marriage." Dash says unworriedly.

"Oh forget it. You're so immature." Violet says as she looks at Alexis.

"Okay I'm gonna go look around." Dash says as begins to walk off.

"Dash your mom said to stay hidden." Alexis says worriedly.

"I'm not gonna leave the cave." Dash says before running deeper into the cave.

"You really care about my brother don't you?" Violet asks as Alexis blushes slightly.

"Well yeah. He's my best friend. stubborn but I care about him either way." Alexis says as she sighs.

"Why don't you tell him? See what he says?" Violet asks as Alexis looks at her.

"I think you already know what he'll say if I do." Alexis says disappointedly.

"Maybe but you never know." Violet says.

"Why do you want me to say something so badly?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Just thought you might be braver than I am." Violet says bluntly.

"Just give it time Vi." Alexis says kindly.

"Yeah. You too." Violet says as Alexis nods.

*Timekskip*

As Alexis and Violet are looking outside the cave they soon hear shouting and see Dash running toward them.

"Vi! Alex!" Dash shouts fearfully.

"What did you do!?" Violet shouts before she and Alexis see fire coming at them as Dash grabs them both and gets them out of the cave safely.