o39 - 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*''*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

"I'VE BEEN TO ANN TAYLOR LOFT, FILENE'S Basement, and, like, six Forever 21s, and I cannot find a dress that fits." Santana, Lauren, Brittany, and Rayanne had entered the choir room in a line. Lauren was going on about prom. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

Junior Prom was coming up and everyone was going. Maybe not everyone, but it sure seemed that way since it was all they could talk about now. Rayanne wasn't going with anyone but she had something planned for Santana as their after-party.

"You're up for queen. You can't make your own prom dress," Santana spoke. "Prom is, like, our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

The girls filed into their seats. Rayanne sat next to Santana like how she would. "What about getting married?" Rayanne questioned.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want. You only have one shot at your junior prom." No doubt, Quinn was the most competitive. She was up for prom queen and already had many followers in her campaign. On top of that, she knew she could twist the votes around her way if she had to.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes strutted in next. You could feel the aura coming off her and it wasn't positive.

"Prom dresses."

"Thank God I don't have to worry about that. I'm not going." The girl was upset. Rayanne knew that she didn't choose to skip prom herself. "Nobody's asked me."

As if the universe was trying to taunt the girl, the whole week's lesson was coming up with songs to sing at prom. The New Directions were going to be the ones performing the entertainment at the gig.

"I'm gonna make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too," Mr. Schue concluded. "So, we're gonna stagger the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

And with that, Mercedes had excused herself from the lesson, too embarrassed to even be there. Of course, no one thought badly of her, or maybe she just didn't want others to show pity for her.

"Is she okay?"

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom."

"So? I don't have a date," Brittany asked. "I'm just going to dance, and then all your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so your dates are really my dates." Rayanne looked away from the girl in an irked fashion.

"I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes." It was a moment before Kurt spoke up.

"No, let me," Rachel intruded.