Chapter 21

I sat staring at a magazine trying not to look at Jack who was making faces at me.I finally gave in and let him win the bet.
"YOUR TERRIBLE AT THIS KIND OF STUFF!"
"Maybe it's not my weekend...."I sang.
"But its not gonna be your year."He sang back.
"Ugh."I stormed to my bunk.I sat and glared at the wall.
"What did the wall do to you Little Miss Sunshine?"Alex asked.
I glared at him.
He raised his hands in surrender.
I grabbed my big stereo headphones and slipped them over my ears.I put my favourite playlist on and sat listening while everyone was putting their stuff in its place.We just got back on the bus like an hour ago and everyone was getting situated before we leave for Texas.Wow.We have two months left and then get a while off.Wait.Lets rephrase that.All Time Low has two months left.HHNN (Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies), my band, has already been signed.IN LESS THAN A WEEK! We start a tour right after this one and so I think Jack and Alex are coming.Zack and Rian are gonna come with us halfway through the tour.Kristin is gonna be my guitar tech while we are on tour.I have written about five songs in the last week and I had some I had written before I even thought about having a band.I'm also gonna do my covers.

"Len! Come here!"Jack yelled.
"Why?"
"Cause."
"Cause why?"
"Get your little smartmouth, country girl self in here!"
"Why?"
"Ugh!"I heard running and I ran out before he could get to me.I now stood on the side of the counter closest to the stove and he stood in front of the door.
"No way out."He mocked.
I smiled and grabbed the pan sitting on the stove.
"Of course there is.When there's a pan there's a way."
His eyes widened and then narrowed.
"You wouldn't."
"Oh but I would."
He inched back and ran to the lounge. I ran after and stopped when I saw he had Alex in front of him.
"Now would you hurt dear old dad?"
"Who says I have to hurt him?"
"To get to me you have to go through him."
"Not necessarily."And I jumped over the coffee table and grabbed Jack's arm.He went to the ground and I sat on him.
"Hmmmmm......Should I beat you over the head? Or maybe just sit on you for a while."
"Neither! I give! I give!"
"Not happening Barakat."
"Gaskarth get Lil G off!!"
"Nope man.You shouldn't let a girl pin you to the ground like that."
I had his arms pinned by my legs and had the pan at his throat.
"BABE! WHERE'S LEN?"Kristin asked.
"Ummm...why don't you look in here."
She came in and looked at me and Jack and broke out into a fit of laughter.
Alex pulled out his phone and took a picture.
I stood up and went to put the pan up.I heard someone behind me and swung around.It was Jack of course.I ran to my bunk and pulled the curtain.
"OH LEEEEENAAAAA!!! WHERE ARRRRRRE YOUUUUU??!!"He called.
I sat in complete silence until I heard him come in. I let out a little whimper. Crap.He jerked the curtain back and jumped on me.He started tickling me and I started screaming.
"JAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!!! STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!! IIII CAAAAAN'T BREEEEEEEEEEATH!!"
"NEVERR LENA MAY GASKARTH!"
I tried to get up but started laughing again so I tried to push him off.I touched his side and he went into a fit of laughter. OOOOOOOOH!!
"JAAAAACK! YOUR TICKLISH! ! AWWWW!"
I started pushing his sides and he started jumping around.I was laughing harder than I ever had before.
We made a truce and walked back to the lounge where Alex and Kristin were.
"The truce took long enough."Kristin said.
"Your next Sweets."Jack said sweetly.
Kristin paled and narrowed her eyes.
"Your on Barakat."
He grinned madly.
"I strike when you least expect it."
"You sound like a rapist Jack."I said.
Alex burst into laughter.
"ALEX! YOU'RE CRYING!"I yelled.
He kept laughing.
"WHY.....ARE.....YOU.....SO.....MUCH........LIKE.......ME!?!?"He said in between laughs.
I laughed and sat in the floor.My phone buzzed and I pulled it out.
Can we meet up
That was from Brendan.
I looked over to see if anyone had seen my pale.Of course Alex did.
"Lena.."
"He wants to meet up."
"Go.We will come too."Jack said.
"No...."
"It's called stealth. Something you don't know about."
I glared at him and went to put on some real clothes.

We met up at the mall.Alex and Jack were following us but Brendan didn't know. Kristin, Cassadee, and Rian were in front up us and Zack was assigned my "chaperone."We walked from store to store.I finally stopped.
"What do you want?"
"What do you mean."
"All you wanted earlier was sex.Now your all goody goody.What do you want? Cause if it's anything like that then go find another girl to bother cause I'm not like that."
"That's not what I want."
"Then what Brendan!? Last time I was with you and loved you, it literally almost killed me."
"I know but..."
"But what? You changed? Your different now? I doubt that.You hurt me Brendan and I will never forgive you for that."
"People who are in love forgive.You said you love me."
"Well that was a stupid choice to make wasn't it?Loving you was the worst decision I have ever made and I'm not gonna make it twice."
I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm so hard I could feel the skin breaking.
"Where do you think your going?"
"Home."I tried to pull my arm away bit his grip was too tight.
"Let her go Brendan."Alex said.
"You brought Daddy along to protect you?"He sneered.
I twisted around so his arm was twisted in an awkward position. He pulled away and I grabbed his arm.
"Don't ever think about touching me again or you'll lose this arm."
I threw it down and walked away.When I was far enough away, I broke into a run.I heard steps echoing behind me. I finally stopped when I was outside.I sat on the curb and just stared at the sky.I heard someone sit by me.
I peeked out of the corner of my eye and saw Zack.He wrapped his arm around me.I put my head on his shoulder and just sat there.
"You okay?"He asked.
I nodded and looked down.I saw my arm.There were little cresent shapes in my arms.Zack saw me and looked down too.I heard a gasp and he grabbed my arm.
"Did he.....?"
"Yeah.."
Zack stood up and pulled me up.
Everyone else came out and walked over.Zack grabbed my arm again and showed it to Alex.
"Who did....."
"Brendan."Zack said.
Alex balled up his fist and breathed heavily out of his nose.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried.He softened and hugged back.
"Its okay Princess. Everthing is fine."
I nodded and pulled away.
Then I was tackled from behind by none other than Jack.
"I'M GONNA KILL HIM!!"
I laughed.He let me go and turned around. I realized what he was doing and jumped up.We walked back to the bus which was just two blocks away.Kristin got on Alex and Cass got on Rian.Zack walked beside me and Jack.We were talking about random stuff.Like what songs I was gonna sing for our kick off concert. Where we were going.When the tour was over.Who the guest singers were.Where everyone in the band lived.
We talked the whole walk to the bus and climbed on.I said goodnight and went to bed.

Alex
When Lena went to bed, I turned to Jack.
"You wanna go for a walk?"
He nodded and followed me out.When we were far enough away, I turned to him.
"Jack.I got this yesterday. I don't know if I should give it to her."
"What is it?"
"Its from her real parents."
He nodded.
"I think you should."
I nodded.
We headed back to the bus and climbed on. I went back to Lena's bunk and pulled the curtain back. She was just laying there. I poked her and she scooted over.
"I need to give you something."
I handed it to her and she paled when she read the front.
"When did you get this?"
"Yesterday."
She nodded and opened the envelope.

Lena
Dear Lena,
Just was going to ask how you have been.How living with a rock star was.How school is coming along. We heard that you are making your own band.What do I think about that? I think you should stop trying. All this trying is getting you the attention you want so stop.Don't ruin the world worse than it already is.
Love always,
Mom and Dad
I balled up the paper and threw it outside of my bunk.I turned my back to Alex and just stared at the wall.
"Lena?"
"Go away."
"No...let's talk about it."
"NO ALEX! I DON'T WANT TO "TALK ABOUT IT"!!!!"
"Stop it.Stop being a brat.Let's talk about this now."
I gasped.
He though over his words.
"Lena I'm sorry....I didn't mea....."
"Please just go."
He stood and left.

Jack
Alex came back in and sat beside me.
"So...."
"She hates me."
"Cause you hid it from her?"
"No."
"Then why?"
"I called her a brat."
"ALEX!"
"I'm sorry."
I stood and walked out of the bus and out into the street.There was a bar a couple blocks down and I went in and got a drink.The bartender handed it to me.I started thinking about Lena.
She was a 15 year old that was adopted because of abusive parents and was almost raped by the boy she thought she loved.She hated her adoptive father because he called her a brat when her real parents used to say the same thing.The only person she trusted was me and I was going to get drunk to work off my anger.
I slammed the drink down and ran back to the bus.When I got there, I rushed in and ran to the bunks.I pulled her curtain back and climbed in. I wrapped my arms around her and she cried in my arms.