Chapter 26 - Round Two

Warning! Spicy Chapter!

The training grounds were enormous, with tall stone pillars encircling the area. Against the northernmost pillars were tables and a rack of weapons, all displayed and ready to be tested on the targets set on the eastern side. Some were simple hay bails with painted circles, others were wooden mannequins with obvious signs of wear.

Cain waited as Maddox stepped ahead of him, then began removing his coat and vest. At first, Cain felt the impulse to demand what sort of mind game he had in store now, only to realize how foolish it'd be to train with several layers of clothes.

As much as he hated it, he removed his double-sided coat and vest as well, allowing him more movement. Though Maddox took it a step further when he went on to remove his undershirt as well, showing off his concealed muscles.

Cain then noticed a strange tattoo on his sides that stretched halfway up toward his armpits. They were some sort of tribal markings that gave the appearance of scales.

Maddox saw the blond staring and smirked, probably thinking it was his physique that had the Marquess so intrigued. 

"Now, let's start with your stance." The villain declared, walking up and taking Cain's clothes from his hand and setting them on the table of weapons.

Cain obediently got into position, remembering what he'd been taught during his military days, only to blush when Maddox grinned, amused by his eagerness. "I almost forgot that you use that pose."

"This is the standard combat stance taught in the empirical forces."

"And how well has it worked out for you?"

Cain frowned, then straightened himself, feeling flustered. If he wanted to spend the day being toyed with and insulted, he'd have stayed home...

Giving a small chuckle, Maddox moved behind Cain and reached for his arms. Naturally, the Marquess jolted away, not trusting the villain to be in his blind spot, but Maddox insisted and grabbed his arm, twisting him back into position until Cain's back was turned to him, with his arms being directed like a puppet.

"Like this," Maddox commanded right next to his ear, raising one of the blonde's fists above the other, and turning his body sideways. "Don't hunch. Keep your head up."

Once Cain's hands were where they needed to be, Maddox moved up along his arms, slid over his shoulders, and moved downwards towards his hips where he twisted them till Cain's upper and lower body were aligned. Already Cain felt more comfortable with this position, then let out a startled gasp when Maddox's hands moved between his legs, brushing his groin and spreading his legs.

"What are you doing?!" He yelped, almost dropping his poise.

"Spread your legs. They're too close together for you to maintain proper balance."

"O-oh..." Cain quickly did as commanded, pretending he didn't just have dirty thoughts as the villain kicked his feet into position.

Once done, Maddox let go and stood in front, eyeing the blond and making sure he maintained the stance.

"Right, that's how you properly poise yourself." He commented. "You punch with the fist farthest back, and use the one in front to block. And always pay attention to your opponent's legwork. You can predict their next move that way."

"How's that?"

"Look where their feet are pointing."

Cain eyed Maddox's feet curiously as he paced to the side. Suddenly, they faced him and in a split second, Maddox rushed forward. He barely had a moment to react as the man grabbed him by his arm and flipped him over his shoulder, forcing the Marquess to land roughly on his back, nearly knocking his mask off.