Chapter 9 - Riley

I stepped my feet to a corridor. It was not too dark. There were some lights at the ceiling. I kept passing busy agents and spies, talking to their intercoms. I felt like I wasn't belong here. Stop. You're an Avenger. Glad I could cursed my words earlier. The corridor became more quiet. I kept walking until I found a dead-end. Jeez. I have to turn back. I scanned the wall, tried to touch it. I felt something warm. Like, there was a secret room here. I kept touching the wall until a woman called me.

"Hey! What are you doing there?" It's Nat.

"Oh, I just—nothing"

"You were rubbing the wall. Are you trying to find a secret room?"

"Er... No—I mean, yes—maybe"

Nat laughed "Yes, there's a secret room here. It's the backup weapon room. Who knows that intruders steal our weapons from the main weapon room"

I nodded my head. Nat took something from her pocket. It looked like a watch. Like Clints.

"Is that a comm link?"

"You got it. It helps you to communicate each other. Since you're a new Avenger here, you need our help too"

Suddenly, Nat's intercom beeped. There was a call from someone. I bet it was Steve.

"Nat! Barton has been compromised by Loki! He's going to kill the girl!" Steve shouted. I heard what he just said. Ravine. I have to find her.

"On my way" Nat turned off the intercom "You coming?"

"I will not let my sister in danger" I told Nat. We ran to the archery station as soon as possible

◊ ◊

Ravine was stood there at the corner. Scared. Her face looked pale. Stark and Steve grabbed Clint's arms.

"Barton, wake up! This is not you!" said Stark

"I'm gonna kill you!" Clint shouted at Ravine

"Ravine, run to your brother! Quick!" Steve ordered her. She shook her head. In a flash, I ran to her and held her hands. I got out from the station. Ravine cried. She was scared.

"Nat, a little help here!"

"I'm on it" Nat ran and hit Clint hard on the head. Clint collapsed. Everyone sighed. Ravine still cried.

"It's okay. It's not him. Don't be afraid"

"I shouldn't join this—" she cried "I'm not ready"

I looked at Steve. He looked back at me.

"Bring the two of them to the med-room"

I helped Ravine to walk while Steve and Stark carried Clint to the med-room followed by Nat. When we arrived, Clint was brought to another med-room. I entered the med-room with Ravine and helped her to sat on a bed. She was still crying. I patted her back slowly to calm her.

I heard someone talking in front of the med-room. It's Steve and Stark with someone. Maybe it's Fury.

"How's the girl?"

"She's probably crying. She scared"

"Well, it's normal if she scared. It's her first time here"

"Have you seen her skills?"

"Yes, she got three bull's eyes. But now, I'm confused what I have to say to her"

"Can she join the gang?"

"The choice is yours Nick"

"No, you're the leader of the Avengers. You're the one who will decide"

I heard their conversation. I bet Ravine heard it too.

"See? They don't want me here. I'm a pipsqueak. I'm not ready for this"

"No, you have prepared for this. You're strong enough! Look, uncle Moore left us. You hunt for deers. We've prepared for this. I know you can do it." I encouraged her.

Someone knocked the door. The door opened. It was Steve.

"Hey, are you feeling better now?" Steve asked Ravine

"Not much"

"I need to tell you something"

"If you don't want me to be the member of the group, that's fine"

Steve stared at Ravine and laughed.

"Do you think I'm gonna let you out from this gang? You got three bull's eyes there! It's amazing"

"But I was scared when Clint was compromised"

"It doesn't matter. Actually, it never matters. You cried because you've been strong for too long"

"Hey, it's Johnny Depp's!" I said to him

"You got me" He snapped his fingers. "Do you still want to join us?"

She thought for a while. "I'll do it for uncle Moore"