Chapter 1

Enid Sinclair was fuming, agrny at her mother. Her claws formed along her fingers, lightly digging into flesh as she grabbed at her scalp, pulled her hair. She bares her teeth, walking along the attic floor. She kicked her bag, a hastely packed suitcase of clothes to last her for a few days. She wasn't sure why hiding in the attic seemed like it would get her inner wolf to come out, but Esther was apparently desperate. She continued on, kicking boxes and snarling at empty air. She stopped when her foot hit something heavy, she cried out and lost her balance, groaning.

"Shit! Ow!"  Enid got up, nursing pained toes. She flexes them experimentally, relieved to see that she was alright. She noticed the object, the book she'd kicked. She grabbed it, looking at the old leather and the faint writing. She frowned, unable to completely read the front of the book. Curious, she skimmed through it, faintly recognizing certain words. Were they Greek? Italian? Romanian? she knew a little bit of those languages, enough to see something called a "Summoning spell."

Sure, she knew it was a bad idea, but she couldn't just go downstairs and get her stuff from her room. She hadn't even packed her charger when she rushed up here. It was better to save the phone's battery, or at least use it for music. So, headphones on, book open and mind interested, she looked at the page, scouring the attic for lights and a pencil or chalk to start on the pattern of the summoning circle. She just hoped she did it right. She did the best she could, fixing Christmas lights and turning the on, wrapping around the circle before she etched the markings on the floor, scratching with chalk across annoying wood. Eventually, she was ready and despite not completely understanding the words, she tried the chant accompanying the small diagram on paper. The air turned dry immediately, thick and Enid swallowed heavily, trying to breathe. the chalk took on a red color, much like the red of the red and green lights. It melded together somewhat, seeming forming a dark red cloud of someone, who stood at a height much shorter than her. Enid frowned in confusion, none of her friends were that short.

The cloud vanished, leaving someone in it's ethereal wake, she didn't know who this was. But If the cold glare of two black eyes was anything to go by, they didn't want to be here. Not one bit.