Chapter 18

Your pov:
It's the last lap and Jackson crosses first as I've seen him do so many times before. As he gets out of his car he looks almost relived. As Jackson makes his way over to me I see Treadless. He smirks at me as he says, "you're lucky Storm won or else you would have been on my pit crew." I look at him with confusion, "what do you mean by that?" Treadless is already walking away as he says over his shoulder, "I don't know ask your boyfriend!"

Storm's pov:
I see Treadless talking to (y/n). What in the hell does he want with her. My heart drops as I realize he is probably taking about the bet I made. My suspicions are somewhat confirmed as I see (y/n)'s face scrunch up with confusion and what looks like hurt. I am going to best Treadless's ass, he really thinks he can get to me by exposing our bet?

Your pov:
I see Jackson stoped in the distance. He looks deep in thought as I walk over to him. "Congratulations!" I say as I try to muster up a smile despite my confusion. I don't want to ruin his moment so I decide to stomach it and talk about it later.

Jackson pulls me into a hug, something he rarely does in public. "Oh (y/n) it's you that did such a great job today, what would I do without you?" I laugh, "probably hire the next best pit crew chief." He smirks as he pulls away from the hug, "and where is the fun in that?" At that moment I take in his features, his overly charming smile, raven black hair, and cold grey eyes. I feel almost basic compared to him. I shake off the thought as I tag along to the after party for the race. Maybe after I will confront him about what treadless said.