Chapter 11

Third person
You walk into work the next day with a level head thanks to cruz talking some sense into you. Today is the day everything changes

Your pov
I see Storm standing around at the race track, he turns to me, "I'm surprised you actually came back." He says. I can hint a bit of hostility in his voice. "Storm I gave it a lot of thought, and if you're still willing I would be open to getting closer." Storm's eyes widen for a second before he looks down, rare for the usually cocky Jackson Storm. "Yeah let's do that" that's all he says before the walking away from me, the audacity he has. I didn't have much time to think about things though as tomorrow is a major race. If Storm can win this he'll be the number one racer in the world. It feels strange not having ray here, the guilt has been eating me up. If I hadn't been so petty he would of still had his job. The best case scenario would be Storm realizing Ray is no threat to him.

*race day*
Every thing is in order, Storm should've ready to go as I check over his car once more. The race starts, I get ready for a quick pit stop when need be. McQueen is in the lead most of the race which keeps me on my toes even if I'm not racing. Finally it's the last lap and I see Storm emerge from the back of the pack, him and McQueen are neck and neck, and Storm won! He really won! He's now the top racer in the world! Storm drives his car into the winners circle and gets out with a cocky smirk, "there was no doubt that I would win!" I roll my eyes and get ready to take Storm's car, when suddenly I'm pulled up by Storm himself. I am about to ask what he needs when he places a chaste kiss on my cheek, I blush and it doesn't help there are hundreds are paparazzi. I look at Storm who is now beaming, finally he speaks as he wraps his arms around me,"you wanted to get closer right? Well this is how we do it!"