Chapter 8

Third person

You wake up the next morning still pissed at Storm, if he wants to act like that, you'll give him a reason to. You laugh to yourself as now is your chance to get under Storm's skin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the practice track Storm was taking laps per usual. "Ray will you do me a favor?" You ask your coworker. He looks at you skeptically, "what is it?" "I want to make Storm mad, so will you pretend to be my boyfriend?" Ray cracks a smile. "Heh sure, any thing to knock that snob off his high horse." You laugh at that, now your plan to get back at Storm for his childish behavior is now in action.

"Okay everyone thank you for all of your hard work today." Storm says as the work day had come to an end. You smile and kiss ray on the cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow Ray!" He wraps his arms around you "yes I'll see you tomorrow (y/n)" you grin as you can see Storm fuming, you know that look, he's about to do something stupid and nothing good will come out of it. To top things off you give Ray a chaste kiss on the lips. Storm looks like he's about to burst into a million pieces as you finally turn to leave for the day.

The next day
"Hi ray!" You wave, ready to have another day of getting under Storm's skin. Ray only looks at you with a glum look, "hi (y/n)" "Ray what's wrong did something happen" he looks down as he says, "I've been fired , today is my last day, after this I will no longer be working with you or Storm." You look behind Ray only to see Jackson Storm himself looking at you both with a particular glare in his eyes. "Listen Ray I will make sure you will still have a job working under Storm or working under another racer, this is my fault and I'm so sorry." Ray just offers a kind smile as you go to confront Storm on what's going on.