50- The Three F's- Fight, flight or Freeze

Just like Gyaan had presumed, the werewolves got busy questioning what was going on. Too busy to hear their whispers and he used that precious time to discuss their further point of action. They had to be in sync if they wanted to win against so many werewolves.

"This is our chance," Gyaan had whispered, when the werewolves were busy scratching their heads about what happened.

"What?" Sameera and Ahana had looked at him in bewilderment, as they too were confused about what happened.

Instead of answering, Gyaan had nudged Avan, who in turn had opened his eyes for a second to let them know he was okay, before closing them immediately.

"This—"

"Sshh!" Gyaan shushed them, before they gave away his ploy.

"Stop questioning and just listen. When stranded in a problem, there are two F's to select from- Fight or Flight. And right now I am selecting the flight option."

"Any objections?" He asked, looking at everyone for confirmation. He frowned when he noticed the far away look in Neer's eyes, but Ahana's question diverted his mind before he could think much of it.

"On the count of three?" Ahana asked instead of a direct answer.

"On the count of three," Gyaan confirmed, nodding with a small smile, before they got into ready position.

Alas! They never got to count. The luck just wasn't on their side. They were a second too late. The werewolves were already done with their discussion, before the elements could escape.

"The child may be able to manipulate the wolves to some extent, but no manipulation can stop the Alpha's Command," Hritika said, before ordering her brothers, "Guys, use your Alpha Command."

"Sometimes I wonder who is the leader of the pack, and who is third in command," Vivaan muttered with a shake of his head, before turning to Nihal, "Let's do it together. The duel force would make it impossible for any of them to counter attack."

Nihal nodded in understanding, and took a huge breath as he wasn't used to using his Alpha powers.

"Forget the counting and just run," Gyaan yelled, knowing they didn't even have the time to think. The moment the Alpha Command was released, no amount of Avan's coaxing would stop the wolves.

Werewolves were not only startled by the suddenness of their run, but their ears were also ringing because of Gyaan's loud yell. And this distraction of theirs gave the elements a head start.

They were almost out of the pack house when Ahana suggested, "Neer, let's create a rainbow. They have a better chance at catching us on the ground," while still running and not looking back as it could hamper her speed.

"Neer? Neer?" She turned upon not receiving any response, and came to an abrupt stop when she realized that Neer was never behind her, and neither were the werewolves.

Other elements too skidded to a stop upon realization hit them.

"Ahana, don't," Gyaan yelled, when he saw her run back inside without any plan.

Not having any choice, they all ran back inside, with full knowledge that they had just lost their chance to flee.

Gyaan, Sameera and Avan came to a stop when they saw Ahana standing still in the middle of the living room. They moved their eyes to see where her gaze was set, only to find Neer standing there frozen at the same place near the dining table, where they had last seen him.

"I forgot that there was a third 'F' too besides Fight and Flight; Freeze. Why didn't I notice his condition before?" Gyaan said, clutching his hair tightly.