16- Acting scared

The elements were about to try and break the chains, when the door opened and three people in white coats came inside.

One seemed like a main doctor in his fifties while the two people in their thirties, seemed like his assistants. Seeing the three people, Sameera started fidgeting and getting scared.

"Do you know them?" Neer mouthed worriedly.

Before Sameera could answer him, the main doctor spoke up.

"Please don't be scared. We aren't here to harm you. We just need to find out what makes you different. By doing this, we might help create other people like you. Or find the people with similar DNA. We are doing this to create a better world."

Ahana scoffed at hearing the word 'better world.' The smile of the main doctor dimmed a little at her reaction, before resuming back to the overly smiling face. Elements would have missed the slight annoyance on the doctor's face if their full focus wasn't on him.

"You, yourselves can see with our behaviour that we don't mean harm. See, we have allowed you to walk and stretch your legs. We haven't even blindfolded you or taped your mouths, so that you can see and speak with each other. Do you really think capturers would do this? No, they wouldn't. We are doing this because we don't mean any harm. We care for your well being."

"Oh thank you so much for providing us with so many facilities. We are so grateful," Neer said sarcastically.

The female assistant laughed at the main doctor's expense, before covering it with a cough when she noticed his glare.

The main doctor cleared his throat, trying to fight down the embarrassment.

"Well you all can rest for now. We will come back after an hour to start the observations."

"Then why come now? You should have just come after an hour," Gyaan said, rolling his eyes.

"Well...we came for introductions and also to inform you that the chains aren't going to break. They are made from special material," the male assistant informed smugly.

The elements glanced at each other with frowns on their faces, before Gyaan's eyes fell on the right corner of the ceiling. He groaned, before informing the others, "There's CCTV. We are under surveillance."

"Sorry, but we have to keep a check. We can't have you running away," the doctor muttered in a sorry tone, but everyone could say it was fake.

"By the way I saw that healer guy caressing your hand while you were unconscious. You should have slapped him when you found out," the female assistant said to Ahana, while glaring at Gyaan.

Ahana raised her eyebrows at her. "He wasn't caressing it, he was...."

"He wasn't?" The female assistant asked with bafflement, interrupting Ahana.

Ahana sighed, irritated, but nodded nonetheless. "He wouldn't have been alive if he did that."

"Let's go if you are done chit chatting," the main doctor said.

"Sorry sir," the female assistant apologized, before walking behind him. The male assistant followed, locking the door behind him.

"Gosh! I am not actually going to kill you," Ahana said, as she noticed Gyaan's furrowed eyebrows.

"No, not that," Gyaan muttered off-handedly, as he focused on what he was thinking.

"What, what is it?" Neer asked, getting curious, understanding that Gyaan noticed something they didn't.

Gyaan answered,"We clearly discussed that I was healing Ahana after she woke up. The lady saw me holding Ahana's hand, but her mind ran in a different direction. This wouldn't have happened if she...."

"Heard us," Sameera finished.

"A small relief," Ahana muttered, "We won't be able to do anything without taking care of the CCTV. But, at least our plans won't go out."

"True. But we need to hide our mouths from the camera. They might read our lips. Let's not give them any chance," Sameera said, having already witnessed such a thing happening to her friends once.

"Correct. Great idea, Sameera," Neer said, before he completely turned towards her with a confused face, "Weren't you crying until now? You seemed too scared, but now you don't...," he trailed off, not understanding her.

Hearing his words, Sameera remembered and immediately got into action. Her body trembled with her eyes wide with fear, but the way she spoke, it was like nothing had happened.

"We need to be scared," she said, still trembling.

"But I am not," Ahana piped up instantly, shrugging when she noticed Sameera glaring at her discreetly.

"They should not know that we aren't that affected by the capture. The more powerful we seem, the more cautious they would become. Right now, they are continuously checking on us. I don't think they would get their eyes off the monitor for even a second. Our one act can bring extra problems for us. We might get tied up, or they might even drug us again," Sameera explained, her words were stern, but looking at her anyone would think she was crying out of fear.

Gyaan nodded, and said, "Sameera is right. They might even do something where we can't use our powers. However, if we act like we are scared, then followed by the act of giving up our hopes, they will get tired of us.

"After a time, they will get bored and stop checking the monitor continuously thinking that we aren't going to do anything."

Ahana and Neer glanced at each other, liking the plan. "So we fool them into thinking that we are scared out of our minds. And then strike when they least expect it," Ahana said, laughing like a demon.

"Didiiii, cry...don't laugh," Avan said in urgency.

Hearing him, Ahana's eyes widened with realization. She laughed even more, before banging her head on the bed. There were tears running down her eyes as she laughed, looking hysterical. Anyone seeing her would think she had lost it.

Avan sighed in relief as Ahana turned the picture around by her instant act.  Avan had also tried to tremble like Sameera, while listening to the plan. He had nothing to offer in the plan, so he just quietly listened and tried to follow. However, shivering without any cause wasn't easy. No matter how much he tried, he could get it right.

Looking at the two ladies, he knew he had a lot to learn. They both were pros in faking this. After this was over, maybe they could make a career in acting.