39- Uncomfortableness at it's best

Sleeping on the bare ground had ruined everyone's clothes. Using Neer's water just like they had done in the alleyway, they had a bath over their worn clothes. But this time, they weren't obligated to stay in the same clothes.

"Are you sure you don't want to use these clothes?" Neer asked Gyaan, annoyed by Gyaan's righteous nature in such a situation.

The group had been divided into two, with the females moving to a dense area of the forest to get some privacy while changing. The guys stayed away enough to not pry, but close enough to be able to help if something went wrong.

"Gyaan! You will fall sick at this rate," Neer tried again, while he was removing his wet shirt.

Gyaan snorted at the word 'sick'. "I am a healer. When I heal humans, animals and even plants; you think I wouldn't be able to heal myself."

"Do whatever you want," Neer said, giving up on trying to put some sense into him.

Neer picked up his and Avan's clothes, and washed them once again thoroughly, before putting them on a huge rock to dry.

"You look like a hanger," Gyaan commented, looking at the clothes hanging on Neer's body. They were at least three sizes bigger than what he needed.

"At least they aren't sticking to my body," Neer retorted, pointing at Gyaan's wet clothes.

"How am I looking?" Avan asked, twirling around happily.

A shirt was enough to drown the entire boy. Avan didn't need a pant, because the shirt came upto his ankles.

"The length is good, but we need to do something about the width. The shirt is falling off your shoulders," Gyaan said, as he noticed that even while twirling, Avan had clutched the shirt tightly from his shoulders.

"Maybe Ahana or Sameera would have some safety pins with them. Let them come, then we will clip the shirt in a way that it doesn't fall," Neer said.

"Great idea," Gyaan said, "but where are they? Isn't it taking them too much time to change?"

"Dad used to ask the same thing to Mom. She used to huff at him and say that we need more time because we have to get properly ready unlike someone who just has to wear two pieces of clothing and Bam! you are ready," Avan said, remembering the past when he was together with his family.

"That is when they actually need to get ready and look pretty. It's not like they are going to find accessories and make up in this forest," Gyaan said, over-exaggerating his actions to divert Avan's mind, who had turned sad upon remembering his family.

"Wearing saree takes time," Neer counter-backed with narrowed eyes, having taken Ahana's role to banter with Gyaan.

"Still. You changed and even washed your clothes, which they definitely won't be able to do without your water. Moreover, we have been bickering for quite a long time. So it is definitely taking them a long time to get ready," Gyaan said, ready for a full on debate.

"So what? It's not like we are getting late to reach somewhere," Neer muttered, ending the debate even before it could start properly.

Gyaan made a face at Neer's back, but then smiled. He lost the conversation, but at least Avan had started giggling.

"They are taking turns to change. One is on the lookout," Avan informed, making the other guys instantly turn towards him.

"How do you know?" Neer asked with raised eyebrows.

"My friends," Avan answered with a wide smile, pointing towards the trees.

"Oh yeah! Forgot about them," Neer said.