12- Simple yet effective plan

The elements stopped short when they saw the scene beforehand. The reporters had come out of hiding. They swarmed around Gyaan. Having been the first one out of all elements, to get out of the school, he was sabotaged.

Ahana pulled Sameera behind the school wall, when the latter was about to go towards Gyaan.

"Are we going to leave him to fend for himself?" Sameera questioned, as he glanced back and forth towards Gyaan and the elements.

Sameera knew that going outside was a suicide mission, but she also saw Gyaan was continuously trying and failing to get out of their clutches. They couldn't leave him alone in trouble.

"Ahana, please," she requested, when the fire girl didn't respond immediately.

Ahana rolled her eyes, before muttering, "Gosh lady! Give me a second to think of a way to help him out."

Going out without a plan was like walking themselves to hell. They had to get Gyaan out, but that didn't mean jeopardizing themselves.

"Idea!" Neer's eyes lit up as a plan formed in his mind.

"Avan, you can mind-link right?"

"Mind-link?" Avan questioned with a confused face.

"I know you usually talk to trees and animals, but one time you were able to speak to Ahana's mind. Remember you called her out for help and she heard your voice in her mind," Neer reminded him.

It was a long time ago when that happened, however it was an unforgettable event.

"Yeah...but everyone scolded and told me to never do it again," Avan replied.

"Obviously, because you fainted from over-exertion," Ahana stated, before turning towards Neer, "And he isn't going to use that power now. We can't risk his health."

Neer was bummed out, but then agreed with Ahana. While their energy levels always dipped because of over-usage of their powers or too much physical activity, emotional distress took up a lot of energy too. Considering the situation Avan was in, it would be hazardous to ask him to do the task right now.

"Alright, we won't use that method. Let's just hope Gyaan is able to hear his phone ring in this commotion," Neer relented.

"What are we going to do?" Ahana asked, wanting to know the plan before they tried to involve Gyaan.

"Here's what we will do....," Neer explained.

Ahana and Sameera nodded in understanding, while Avan gave him a thumbs up, liking the simple yet effective plan.

"This will surely help," Ahana said, as she texted Gyaan, just in case he couldn't hear Neer's voice.

"We are trying something. Run towards the right as soon as they get blindsided."

Thinking it over, she sent another text just to be on the safe side. "Don't waste time. We are on low energy levels. We will not be able to keep going for long. Just run without looking back."

The message was sent. Now all they had to do was to wait for Gyaan to realize that his phone was ringing over all the noise and mikes thrown to his face.

They all knew that the chances were less than 1%, but they still kept up the positive hope.

Gyaan felt the continuous vibrations in his pocket. He didn't realize what it was, nor did he have the time to think when he was trying to fight the mob. However, when the vibrations didn't stop, something in his mind clicked. He realized it was his mobile.

Gyaan immediately crouched down, startling the reporters. His mobile would have been surely snatched or broken if he took it out when they all were in his face. Seeing that they didn't even leave a breathing space for him, it was impossible for him to use a mobile in that situation.

Gyaan bent to a whole semi-circle, his head almost touching the road, as he stealthily took out his mobile. He used his bent back as a cover, as he used his mobile.

Ten miss calls from Neer. Talking was impossible at this moment. And hence, he was glad for Ahana's text. He replied a simple ok, while thanking the mobile makers for the vibration feature. There was no way he could have heard his ringtone.

"Oof." The reporters who had formed a semi-circle over him to see what he was doing, all fell upon him as he stood up abruptly.

He was hurt a little, but they were hurt too, and that made his petty side really happy.

Gyaan now kept calm and readied his body, knowing he would receive a signal soon.

Ahana looked at other elements, before nodding. It was their time.

Ahana created a huge fire inside the school premises. Sameera used her wind power to direct the smoke that was going upwards, and moved it towards the area where Gyaan and reporters were.

Gyaan and reporters started coughing because of the smoke, while trying to see amongst the white barrier the smoke had created.

It was impossible to see, but this was Gyaan's only chance. He closed his eyes, and blindly ran towards the right.

The other elements jumped on the rainbow created by Ahana and Neer. Once they were at a certain height, Neer poured out the water on the fire, defusing it before it could harm the structure of the school.

All the elements laughed as they skillfully avoided the reporters. They ran on the rainbow and got down when they saw Gyaan.

Gyaan had his hands on his waist as breathed heavily. The smoke had ruined his lungs, but he still had a smile on his face. And the smile widened when he saw the laughing elements.

"I didn't understand one thing," Sameera said to the twins, after a while.

"Why did Neer pour water on fire? Ahana could have just made it disappear," she questioned curiously.

"Two reasons," Ahana said, "One- the smoke would stay for something more by this way. It would have disappeared in an instant if I was the one who put out the fire."

"And second and most important, an intelligent person had once told us that since creating powers took up a lot less energy than making it disappear. So it was more effective if I put out the fire by creating water and Ahana evaporated water by using her heat," Neer completed, looking at Gyaan for the entire time.

"Wonder who that intelligent person was," Ahana muttered sarcastically.

Gyaan scratched the back of his head as he remembered the embarrassing moment. The topic itself wasn't embarrassing but the timing was. The time when he first met the twins.