19- Fight amongst Elements

Sameera put the tray back in place, and Avan slowly ended his act. He still hiccupped once in a while to let it seem natural.

The main doctor rubbed his forehead in distress as the kid's wailing had burst his ear drums. But he couldn't blame the child either. The doctor knew that staying here must have been scary for the small kid. And hence, he easily agreed when Sameera requested to only inject the medicine to her, and not test the medicine on the youngsters.

For him, it seemed like the eldest of them all was sacrificing herself. But in reality, it was because Sameera knew that the medicine wouldn't harm her.

The other elements threw worried glances at her, shocked by her request. But Sameera just blinked her eyes in reassurance, letting them know that it was fine.

"Nothing is happening," the female assistant muttered, after she had injected the medicine.

"Let's wait. It might take time," the doctor said, keeping his fingers crossed.

One minute passed and then two; the minutes felt like hours as they waited for a change to happen. However, Sameera sat there perfectly alright, staring at them with a poker face.

The doctors lost hope after waiting for five minutes. They shook their heads in despair and were about to leave the room at the failed experiment, when Sameera spoke up, stopping them on their tracks.

"Didn't you say you didn't mean to harm us?" She asked.

"Yeah...of course..," the doctor stuttered, looking at the sudden blazing eyes of the lady who seemed so scared until now.

"Then do tell me, why did you inject the medicine that has already taken so many human lives?" Sameera's voice thundered, as she remembered the girls withering and dying from the side-effects of the medicine.

"What?" Ahana whispered in shock, before anger took over.

"Let's get the answers before you do anything," Gyaan muttered in a low voice to her, calming her down, before she could burn their asses.

"Well?" Sameera asked again.

"It was unfortunate that the humans died, but you aren't humans. So....," the female assistant trailed off, before wincing when she saw the angry faces of elements.

"What is the medicine for? It seems really important since you all are trying to make it work for the past 20-25 years," Sameera asked curiously.

For so many years, she wondered what was so special about that experiment that they didn't bat an eyelash before creating so many victims.

The main doctor stuttered, while taking out his handkerchief to wipe his sweaty forehead.

"Well...well...it is for...it is for—"

"Doctor," the female assistant interjected, before the doctor could speak, "we don't need to give them any details. Let's not forget that we are the capturers here. We have the power."

Ahana snorted at her words, earning a glare from the assistant.

"I think we have been too nice to them," the female assistant tutted, "look at them acting out."

"You are right," the main doctor agreed, "Bring them one by one to the main lab. We shall cut and see what these elements are made off."

The moment those words were uttered, the room was in chaos. Half of the room was burning, while the other half had things flying off in all directions, hitting the doctors in the process. A giant water wall was formed between the beds and the place were doctors were standing.

The doctors yelled in fright. The alarm started blaring and the security barged in. The doctors ran away from the room, while the security tried to minimize the destruction. However, they weren't able to do a single thing as it was impossible to curb nature's elements with man-made technology.

Wonders were created when technology and nature had come together. But if put against each other, nature would always win. After all, technology was brought by humans, who were created by Nature.

The people soon gave up and left the room, hoping for the elements to calm down themselves.

★★★★★

"I thought we were going to act scared. What just happened?" Gyaan muttered, after they were left alone.

"They were speaking about cutting us up. What were we supposed to do?" Ahana countered.

"They were speaking about it. They haven't done it yet. We could have continued the 'scared' act and made them turn their decision," Gyaan said pointedly.

"Don't look at me alone. I wasn't the only one who acted out," Ahana said defensively, making Gyaan glance at the other two culprits.

"Whoa! Don't take it out on me. I just created a barrier to stop them from coming at us," Neer said.

Sameera was also quick to give her stance, "You all know that more than me controlling air, it is the air who does as it pleases depending on my emotions. I got scared and angry upon hearing them and the air acted on its own. But Ahana was the one who burnt half of the room, blatantly displaying her powers."

"Nice one, but let me remind you why they spoke about cutting us up. Because a certain someone couldn't keep their mouth shut about the medicine.

"You were the one who told us to act scared, yet you went ahead dropping that act of yours to ask about the medicine," Ahana said angrily.

"I am so sorry, I couldn't help but get curious about the medicine that destroyed my whole youth," Sameera counterd-back in an unapologetic tone.

"Guys, guys it is not the time to fight," Avan said, standing up on his bed, waving his hands in the air like a referee.

"Avan is right. We cannot afford to fight right now. We need to be a team to have a slight chance against them," Neer said.

"True. Divide and rule is a common tactic of the villains," Gyaan agreed.

"Let's continue the fight after we get out of here," Ahana muttered.

"Yeah, I am sure there will be many more faults of yours to add along the way," Sameera  replied in an arrogant manner.

Ahana and Sameera glared at each other for one last time, but stopped their fight.

"Now if this is over, let's discuss what we can do now. Acting scared isn't going to work anymore," Gyaan informed everyone.

"Dammit!" Ahana cursed. The scared act was one of the best plans to fool and manipulate the doctors and eventually get out of here. Although she was angry at Sameera, Ahana couldn't deny that there wasn't a plan that could beat Sameera's. After all, she was the most experienced one in getting out of captivity.