6- Stupid excuse of a peacemaker

Just before the attackers could see Neer, he was pulled away. Gyaan came just in time before another element could be captured away and dragged Neer to the nearby alley, so that they could be safe from the attackers.

"Are you crazy? How can you bring us here when they are stuck there? How can you be so selfish?" Neer blasted in anger, once he realized that the one behind his attack was Gyaan and not the attacker from the school.

Gyaan let him scream, but didn't stop dragging Neer until they were a little far from the school. Pulling Neer was a lot easier because the water elemental had already lost most of his energy by producing water for the garden hose. Neer was on the verge of fainting and for the first time it became beneficial for his life.

"Will you answer me? How can we run away while leaving them to die?" Neer screamed, before he fell into the coughing fit.

"Stop shouting. Your vocal chords will get damaged," Gyaan muttered.

Neer was about to strangle him when Gyaan explained the reason behind his actions. "We aren't running away. To help them, we need to be free. We have to save not only our elements, but also the students and other faculty.

"Neer, we cannot get captured. We have to devise an effective plan and save everyone."

"But...," Neer tried to protest as a lone tear left his eyes.

Gyaan held Neer's shoulders and looked at him with determination. "Ahana, Sameera and Avan aren't weak. They are captured but not helpless. They will definitely do something. No harm would come to them.

"Let's attack from both sides. Them from inside while we attack from outside."

Neer nodded, gathering strength. "Let's do it," he said with determination.

★★★★★

"Sorry Didi," Avan weeped as Ahana was pulled inside.

Her hair was still tightly clutched by the attacker, yet there wasn't a single expression of pain on her face.

"Don't be. I would have come inside myself in a few minutes. You know how reckless I am, right?" Ahana said to ease the situation for Avan, while trying her best to not showcase her pain.

"Do you think this is a joke? Stop talking," the attacker ordered, tightening his hold on Ahana.

Avan whimpered, knowing his Didi was in pain. Ahana blinked her eyes, silently assuring him that she would make everything alright.

The attackers had just started pushing everyone inside the school again. They took everyone's mobile and took them to the school playground where everyone else was held.

"Avan," Ayaan piped up, seeing his brother. Sameera quickly palmed his mouth, before the attackers could hit him again for talking.

She looked at Ahana with worry-filled eyes. Ahana's disheveled and bloodied form made her panic. Ahana was their strongest element. If she was wounded then there was little hope.

Ahana wanted to let Sameera know that she was okay. Her looks were worse than her actual condition. The only thing bruised here was her ego. However, the attackers made her sit on the opposite side of the ground. Ahana could only blink her eyes assuringly, hoping for the message to get across.

When Ahana saw Sameera trying to sneak towards her, she slightly shook her head, indicating to her not to do anything. However her slight action was noticed by the attacker, who thought it was a signal of rebellion.

For the second time of the day, Ahana was pulled up by her hairs. Loud screams of terror were heard from everyone as they saw the attacker wrapping his hand around Ahana's hair and pulling her like a rag doll.

The attacker turned his gun and was about to knock her unconscious with the back of it, when a loud siren was heard.

"Who called the police?" The attackers yelled as the panic spread among them, before shooting a gun shot in the air.

★★★★★

Gyaan and Neer heard the gunshot from outside and got scared thinking someone was shot.

"Why did you call the police?" Neer pushed Gyaan in anger. "What if they start killing people inside?" He yelled, "....or they have already started," Neer whispered at last, crouching down on the road as he lost hope.

"Don't be so pessimistic. This must be a warning shot," Gyaan said, patting Neer's shoulder, as he took the similar position as him.

"You sure?" Neer raised his eyebrows, causing Gyaan to shut up as he gulped in nervousness.

"Let's...let's go and check what's happening," Gyaan said nervously as he stood up, and gestured to Neer to quietly follow the police.

The police followed the sound of gunshot and soon reached the gate of the playground. However, the gate was locked. The only thing they could do was stand outside and look through the grille.

The officer shouted on his microphone to let everyone go and that they were surrounded.

All his requests and offers were shot down literally as another gun shot was heard.

"What's the use of calling the police if they are just going to stand there and do nothing?" Ahana cursed under her breath.

"Shut it," the attacker holding her growled. Standing so close to her, he could even count her breaths, so hearing her words was nothing.

His anger soon turned into chuckles. "So you were the one who called the police, huh? But see, it is because of the gun on your head, that police can't seem to do anything. Just to save you," he finished in a sing-song voice.

Ahana tried to turn her head to look, well... however little she could with the man holding her, and shouted, "Forget about me and shoot these idiots."

"Youuu," she got hit again, causing everyone to cry out.

"Three," she whispered.

"What?" The attacker asked, before hitting her again.

"Four."

"Four what?! He asked angrily, making her face him.

"Chill out, I am just keeping tabs for the payback time," Ahana said with a fearless smirk.

"Crazy woman," the attacker said, before pushing her on the ground.

She fell with a thud, yet turned to face the attacker with a smirk and spoke, "Five."

"Your sister is going to get yourself killed," Gyaan muttered to Neer.

"At least she is trying to do something," Neer countered. He explained upon receiving Gyaan's confused expression, "She agitated him and he threw her away from him, making it easier for the police to attack."

"I wonder who thought you would be the best candidate for being the most knowledgeable person on Earth," Neer grumbled.

The guy kept talking that they would save everyone, but didn't make a single plan that could help.

"Why did he have to call the police? Would have already saved everyone if he allowed me to use the powers in the first place," Ahana muttered to herself as she saw her plan going down the drain as the officers didn't take any immediate action.

Although apart, the twins' minds ran in the same direction.

"Stupid excuse of a peacemaker," they muttered under their breaths in unison.