42- Mansion in the forest😮

Note:
Werewolves of my story 'Half Brothers' are making an entry in this story!! Yippee!!

For the readers who are unaware of werewolf terminologies:

Werewolf: Shifter. A human that can shapeshift into a wolf.

Wolf's presence is always there at the back of a human's mind even if they aren't shifted. Wolves can only talk with others when they are shifted but they can talk with their human whenever they want.

Pack: A group of wolves/ a community that stays under a common leader.

Alpha: Leader. A father figure to the pack. He is the strongest person amd most important person.

Luna: Leader. Alpha's soulmate. A mother figure to the pack.

Beta: Second in command. He/She is the second most important and second strongest person of the pack.

Gamma: Third in command.

Mate: Soulmates. Mates are predestined for werewolves.

Now let's enjoy the chapter.....

★★★★★

After the success of the yet another awareness programme in their pack, the new leaders of the pack were having a small party near the waterfall.

The five of them were busy swimming and splashing water on each other, when suddenly the three werewolves stilled, and glanced at each other with panic.

Hritika and Nihal glanced at the frozen werewolves and then at each other, clueless about their sudden behaviour.

"Sometimes I hate not having heightened senses like them," Hritika, the Gamma said with a sigh, before questioning others, "What's wrong?"

"We detected human scent," Yara, the Beta informed, "and they are speedily walking in this direction."

"This deep inside the forest?" Hritika huffed, already getting tired by imagining the amount of walking they would have done.

"Let's get out of the water first," Nihal suggested, before asking his brother and Co-Alpha, "Should we alert the guards about their presence?"

Vivaan answered as they all got out of the water, "No, there's no need to put an entire pack into frenzy,"  before suggesting, "I think we should try dealing with them ourselves peacefully, before taking any severe action."

Rehyaa nodded, agreeing with his mate, "I think Vivaan is right. They are probably the hikers who lost their way."

"I hope they just turn away before crossing the border of the pack," Hritika muttered, remembering the glares and dangers when she had first stepped into this pack.

"Why? You think you will lose the attention of being the only human of this pack," Vivaan joked, wiggling his eyebrows, making Hritika glare at him.

"I am human too," Nihal piped in, before his cousin pummeled his half-brother to death.

"Although not dominant, you do have werewolf genes inside you. So you aren't completely a human," Yara said, taking her best friend's side.

"See, I was right," Vivaan said, sticking a tongue out at Nihal, while high-fiving Yara.

"You are supposed to be my mate, don't take his side," Nihal grumbled, pulling Yara by her waist to his side.

"Mr. Jelly bean, I will always be yours," Yara said, patting Nihal's chest. Nihal was about to smile widely, but got shocked instantly as Yara punched him lightly on the stomach, before getting out of his hold, "but I will always take my best friend's side," she said, sticking her tongue out to him as well.