46- Feelings

"Finally!" Ahana jumped on the bed, hugging it as if it was her long lost lover.

"Finally!" Gyaan yelled as well, standing with his arms wide open near the heater.

"Move," Neer said, pushing Gyaan away.

"Hey!" Gyaan shouted, "What's your problem?"

"The problem is that he cares for your safety, but doesn't want to show it," Ahana answered instead.

"Umm...what?"

Ahana chuckled looking at Gyaan's dumbfounded expression. "As the most knowledgeable person in here, I thought you would know at least this much," she taunted, before explaining, "It's not wise to stand near the heater for too long."

"Ah yes, I knew that," Gyaan scratched the back of his hair in embarrassment, before muttering, "Just forgot it for a moment."

"Of course, you did. The cold has given him so much trauma," Sameera teased, eyeing Ahana and Gyaan, who ducked their heads in response, hiding their embarrassed faces.

Ahana cleared her throat, before calling Avan over, "Come here and lie down. Rest before you faint out of exhaustion. You used too much of your energy."

"Nice change of topic," Neer commented and rightfully earned a pillow on his face.

"I didn't do much. It was mostly the trees who told me about their whispers," Avan informed, but still crawled on the bed to lay beside her.

"Talking to trees is not something anyone can do. That talking is also using your power as an earth element," Gyaan tutted, shaking his head at the ignorant child.

If Avan wasn't already annoyed with Gyaan then he was now. His nostrils flared and his fingers curled into a fist. However, a hand covered his small fist, before he could retaliate.

"Don't waste your energy on that idiot," Ahana whispered in his ear, "Let's wait for the time he goofs up, we will make full use of the opportunity," she winked.

"We will," Avan whispered back with determination, before turning to look at Gyaan Bhaiya with narrowed eyes.

"Man, the trees don't seem loyal at all," Neer said in a dramatic voice, changing the direction of their conversation yet again.

"What did my friends do?" Avan asked, curling his lower lip upward.

"They are trees of this pack, yet they babbled everything they whispered amongst themselves to you. Living alongside each other for so many years, yet there's not an ounce of loyalty in them," Neer tutted, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Did you hurt yourself on the way?" Ahana asked her twin, looking at him with her mouth hung open.

"Why? Did I say anything wrong?" Neer asked, batting his eyelids, trying to look innocent.

"He has totally lost it," Ahana muttered, while moving her finger in a circle to indicate that he was acting mad.

"Why is it okay when Avan does it? Why am I crazy for doing the same thing? What's crazier, Avan talking to trees or me talking about them?"

"He has definitely lost it," Ahana muttered in conclusion, before standing up to push Neer towards the couch.

"Hey!" Neer yelled, as he half landed on the couch.

Ahana held up his legs that were still on the ground and plopped them on the couch with no amount of gentleness. "Sleep. Sleep before you completely lose your senses," Ahana said, patting his head harshly.

"Ow! Ow! I will die woman," Neer yelled and pushed her hands away, before sitting up with a huff.

"I don't think it is lack of sleep that is making one of us crazy and another one cranky," Sameera said, eyeing Neer and Avan, who were behaving totally out of character since before.

Nature in Hidingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें