18- The Same Medicine

Ahana stayed on Avan's bed to protect him in case something happened as his powers were useless in this closed room. There was nothing an earth elemental could do when there were no trees, animals or even a ground around.

The doctors returned with wide creepy smiles on their faces. The female assistant was carrying a steel tray filled with injections and some bottles, while the male assistant carried a writing pad to note down anything they found helpful.

"Don't be too scared. We will just start with basics," the main doctor said, seeing the scared looks on everybody's face.

Ahana was finding it really hard to not roll her eyes at his fake display of concern. It seemed to her that this fake acting was taking a toll on her energy more than her powers ever did.

"Rima, go and start taking the blood samples," the main doctor ordered, rubbing his hands in anticipation, thinking what all he could find in their blood.

"Oops, but we don't have blood running in our veins," Gyaan lied with a lopsided smile.

There was a high chance that they would dissect their blood and create more victims out of humans in the name of experiment in hopes of creating more elementals.

The elements eyed Gyaan at his blatant lie but kept up their facade.

"Oh!" The main doctor was dumbfounded for a second as his plans went down the drain. Just like Gyaan had thought, the doctor was about to test their blood and see what was different between them and humans and if such a thing could be added to human's DNA.

"If not blood then what flows in your veins," the female assistant asked with raised eyebrows, not believing Gyaan unlike her male colleagues.

"Want to see?" The twins asked in unison, before looking at each other and chuckling internally, for having the same idea.

Out of all the elements it was only them who could manipulate the doctors with their powers right now, as showing off air was impossible and Avan didn't have any of the earth's element to use.

"We are telling the truth. If you want you can check but please don't harm us," Sameera said trembling, even joining her hands to prove her act.

The main doctor thought over it for a second before nodding to his assistants to go ahead.

Ahana moved Avan from her lap, before forwarding her one hand to the assistant.

Before the male assistant could inject the needle on her hand, Gyaan stealthily clasped her other hand, healing her even before her skin broke.

Her blood didn't come out because of Gyaan's healing powers, and Ahana focussed her power on the spot the needle had gone in, making it look like fire came from within. Soon the injection was caught on fire. The male assistant dropped it in an instant, while shaking his palm that got a little burnt.

The male assistant glared at Ahana who had the galls of trying to look naive and innocent after burning his hand.

"Aish! Go and treat your hand," the main doctor ordered, before muttering, "this won't do. They were telling the truth."

"Rima, note all these down, and then start with the special medicine we got from the scientist. Let's test what all they can do."

Neer looked at Gyaan, silently asking if there was something they could do to get out of this experiment. Gyaan shook his head discreetly. They had to know what they were against for them to plan their way out of it.

Sameera didn't know whether it was luck or a coincidence, but the female assistant had placed her tray near her bed when she moved to write down the notes.

Sameera moved her hand slowly towards the tray, hoping that no one would notice it, but it wasn't that easy. The main doctor was eyeing them all like a hawk. His head kept moving from left to right, like a table fan moving in every direction. It became impossible for her to go and take the tray within the time the doctor's head came towards her side, while surveying the room.

Avan noticed Sameera's hand going towards the tray and retracting fast. It happened two more times, before he decided to help her. He couldn't use his power as an element but he could definitely use the power of being a kid.

Avan started wailing loudly and crying for help. He screamed on the top of his voice, while moving his hands in different directions, not caring what came into the way.

"Avan, Avan what happened?" Ahana asked in panic.

"I want to get out of here," he wailed, banging his hands on Ahana's shoulders, while discreetly winking at her.

Ahana relaxed a bit, before continuing being concerned, but this time she was acting.

Sameera was worried for Avan, not knowing that it was an act. However, she couldn't do anything for him, not when she was so far away.

"Avan, Avan please look at me. Everything will be alright," she shouted, for him to hear her over his wails.

Avan moved his head towards her, gesturing towards the tray with his eyes, before turning away and crying much more.

Sameera instantly understood his plan. If Sameera wasn't alert, she would have missed the hint. Fortunately, they all had already decided to keep a check on the subtle signs and hints as they might be the only way to escape.

Sameera took a deep breathe, before looking at the doctors whose attention was captured by the wailing child.

She immediately moved to get the tray and try to check the medicine. Even if she wasn't a science person, getting the name would be beneficial. A name would be enough for Gyaan to find out about its functions and effects. After all, he had the power of immense knowledge.

Looking over the bottle, Sameera smirked. It turned out she didn't need Gyaan's help in this at all. As it was the medicine she had known from a long time ago. A medicine she could never forget.

After all, it was the same medicine that had killed all her friends 24 years ago. The same medicine which had no effect on Sameera. The same medicine which had turned her into a lab rat for over 20 years by those crazy scientists.